Should I Be Worried About Blue Tint?

• Thread starter NickTheGreek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NickTheGreek

NickTheGreek

outer fan leaves are showing a little blueish tint minimal progression over last 3 days in color prominence. strain is mendopurp iv never grown a heavy purp strain before so don't know if this is common

medium:coco
nutes:cannanutes A&B 40ml/10L calmag 1tsp/1L
temp:70-79
RH:60-69
light:18/6 T-5
grow tech: constant fresh air flow

Should i be worried about blue tint
Dalai.Lama

Dalai.Lama

Namaste friend, I agree, squat plants tend to usually be deeper shades of green. Check your lower leaves to make sure you're not showing early N deficiency signs. She is gorgeous though GJ!
You may just be experiencing a specimen that has genetics with a phenotype for blue tint in leaves? if so...

"winner-winner chicken dinner!"

Blue is the new black and you got my blessings, one love, reeespect.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That is a sign of P- in my world. Since I also see the reddened petioles, so that's where I'm landing. Phosphorous uptake or utilization issue. Since I'm not familiar with the fertilizers you're using I can't speak to those. You don't mention pH parameters, that could be the sole issue.

NickTheGreek

NickTheGreek

each floor tile is 1sqft going to have some dank monsters soon can't wait. i think i fixed the tint problem but any other input would be great

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
im in all organic coco coir and my ph has been between a strict 5.9
Let the pH range, 5.8-6.2 is a good range for coir cultivation, occasionally it's good to let it range above and below those parameters.

Since those are liquid fertilizers and thus soluble, I do not believe they are fully organic. Thus, I highly recommend taking care to intersperse very low concentration feeds with stronger feeds. This will prevent the need for flushing, as well ensuring some level of run-off. IIRC you're already hip to that.

NickTheGreek

NickTheGreek

Since those are liquid fertilizers and thus soluble, I do not believe they are fully organic. Thus, I highly recommend taking care to intersperse very low concentration feeds with stronger feeds. This will prevent the need for flushing, as well ensuring some level of run-off. IIRC you're already hip to that.

i was wondering about strong and week feeds alternating for that reason but when i did some research on it and found nothing if you know more about the technique let me know i would love to here more.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i was wondering about strong and week feeds alternating for that reason but when i did some research on it and found nothing if you know more about the technique let me know i would love to here more.
For me it happened by accident, I totally fucked up the Fox Farms Big Bloom portion of The Big Ricky method. Instead of 30-45mls (or something like that, it's been a few years) per gallon of water, I was using 15mls. Or was it 5? I'd have to go back and look at my notes. Either way, I used an amount that was so low that it acted like a partial flush. IIRC it's also Fox Farms's only truly organic fertilizer and so no salts to get built up in the root zone. That's the thing you really want to avoid, any and all kinds of salt build-up. And since coir is the way it is, you really don't want to shock the plant by using plain water to flush those out, you're much better off using a weak nutrient solution. Very weak.

HTH!

Top Bottom