Should i be worried about these leaves?

• Thread starter The_word
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The_word

The_word

Hi lovely people,

Went and watered my plants yesterday and noticed that the tip fan leaves are getting yellowish patches. Is this something to worry about or just the plant diverting resources to flowers? They are Arjen Strawberry Haze (sativa dominant) @Day 42 of their flowering cycle. TIA, peace ✌

20221002 182540
Homesteader

Homesteader

Could be several things but there isn't too much you can do at this point. Quality of water okay? What is your medium?

The_word

The_word

Could be several things but there isn't too much you can do at this point. Quality of water okay? What is your medium?
Water quality, pH and temp are all fine. I am using biobizz Light mix and organic nutrients. Not sure if this is just normal as the plant diverts nutrients to the flowers

Homesteader

Homesteader

Lock outs and deficiencies look very similar so it's hard to know. Imo looks like K is a bit short but that could be because of a nutrient interaction or it was just short. Sodium salt can look similar though . Doesn't look too bad though so I wouldn't stress it much unless you are going for perfection

Z

Zill

Da Word,

Is the slight chlorosis associated with all your plants? Is the chlorosis one side of the plant or the other or is it uniformly distributed?

Doesn't look like much especially given the time of year. But you could be growing indoors. If it's real problem with plant, it will get worse quickly if not ignore it. It doesn't sound like you over fertilize.

Zill.

The_word

The_word

Da Word,

Is the slight chlorosis associated with all your plants? Is the chlorosis one side of the plant or the other or is it uniformly distributed?

Doesn't look like much especially given the time of year. But you could be growing indoors. If it's real problem with plant, it will get worse quickly if not ignore it. It doesn't sound like you over fertilize.

Zill.
No just 2, the one in the picture is the worst but only in ine spot of the plant and only on the top fan leaves. The other one the same but less. I follow the biobizz nute chart but lower the doses by about 0.5ml per litre when I have to up the dose to ease them into the new amount.

They are indoor plants under a Mars Hydro FC-E 3000 300W LED, all organic nutes and soil. I water at a pH of between 6.2 and 6.5 @22°c

Thanks for the help! 😎

Z

Zill

Ah...Those fan leaves are the first to drop as the plant/flowers mature. Congrats!! You're getting closer to harvest time.

Zill.

The_word

The_word

Aye, Nice looking crop.

None of my business, but are you in a grotto somewhere?

Zill.
Yeah, something like that. From this day forth it shall be know as the bud cave hahahahahahahaha it is a natural wine cellar, going to move the tent for my next grow as the humidity is a fucker and don't want to damage the cellar. What you growing at the moment?

Z

Zill

Da word,

Actually it’s my first year cultivating cannabis. I germinated three sativa strain seeds this past spring. My cat Charlie ate two. I transplanted the surviving seedling to my vegetable garden. It’s doing well. I’m in the northeast. I am impressed with cannabis. Mein Gott, have you tried to squeeze with your fingers the trunk. Nice stem structure making it perfect for braided fiber. This plant likes to flower. It’s full of flowers. Everywhere. Imagine if the flowers were showy with colored petals. As it’s progressing I’m thinking a harvest in a week or two. No frost predicted thus far.

A nice shot against the evening sun

The_word

The_word

Da word,

Actually it’s my first year cultivating cannabis. I germinated three sativa strain seeds this past spring. My cat Charlie ate two. I transplanted the surviving seedling to my vegetable garden. It’s doing well. I’m in the northeast. I am impressed with cannabis. Mein Gott, have you tried to squeeze with your fingers the trunk. Nice stem structure making it perfect for braided fiber. This plant likes to flower. It’s full of flowers. Everywhere. Imagine if the flowers were showy with colored petals. As it’s progressing I’m thinking a harvest in a week or two. No frost predicted thus far.

View attachment 1288637

View attachment 1288638
Same dude this is my first proper grow. Fucking cats! I bought my seeds way before I has the means to grow them indoors so I waited until the right time of year and planted a few on my balcony to see what would happen, cat Fucking ate them all, twice this happened. I even hid them the second time behind a couple of cacti thinking this would put him off and he climbed over them! Almost cured and smoked the cat for revenge hahaha That plant is looking tasty. I am going to try and get hold of a bit of land next year and try my hand at an outdoor grow. Do you get many pest or desise problems?

The_word

The_word

Da word,

View attachment 1288637

View attachment 1288638
You should do a hard defoliation on that to let more light penatrate the lower bud sites, it will save you the hassle of cutting so many leaves at harvest time as well, from the research have done. Keep me updated dude be cool to see how it turns out

Z

Zill

Da word,

Thanks for the lower leaf defoliation suggestion. To be honest, the sun now is pretty low but I’ll trim. Cats, I’ll bet your Charlie is one cool cat.

Chaz

Latest posts

Top Bottom