Should I be worried First time grower

• Thread starter 7detMack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7detMack

7detMack

I read that it could be a nutrient problem and also it could be from using hot soil she sprouted about 13 days ago
Should i be worried first time grower
Should i be worried first time grower 3

Should i be worried first time grower 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The uneven discoloration is odd. Sometimes that's related to a virus, but the plant might grow out of it.

You also have some slight tacoing along the leaf edges, which might mean you should turn your lights down slightly, or raise the light a little.

7detMack

7detMack

The uneven discoloration is odd. Sometimes that's related to a virus, but the plant might grow out of it.

You also have some slight tacoing along the leaf edges, which might mean you should turn your lights down slightly, or raise the light a little.
I raised the light and lowered the dimmer back to 50, a virus you say? Any idea which one?

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I know almost nothing, but I wondered if the color could be genetic (Wild guess)? Structure looks solid. They are just barely old enough to be ready for any food... so I rather doubt deficiency.

Smartphone app with light meter will get you in the ballpark so you aren't completely guessing on the light. I would shoot for about 10,000 LUX at the leaves and start working that up to 50,000 over the next 2-3 weeks.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
just leave her be for now, take the advice from above- raise the light.,

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I raised the light and lowered the dimmer back to 50, a virus you say? Any idea which one?
I have no idea, but some issues plants of mine had seemed to be from a virus, like TMV. Parts of leaves were affected with an odd pattern and they sometimes would bend in a weird way, but they were otherwise healthy.

For the record, I don't think this is TMV or any virus, just some weird stuff a young plant might be doing. Those patterns don't look like anything I'm familiar with, and some plant or another that I've grown has suffered just about every deficiency possible.

Top Bottom