should I check TDS with organic nutes?

• Thread starter bibiking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bibiking

Hi guys,
should I check the PPM of my water when I use organic nutes?
what should be its level?

(I use rain water, which has 50-150 PPM)

thank you all guys :)

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hi guys,
should I check the PPM of my water when I use organic nutes?
what should be its level?

(I use rain water, which has 50-150 PPM)

thank you all guys :)
i just my well water ppm about once a month,when the aqufier receives a little rain from up stream,it usally goes up about a point then level back after a few days,rain water i dont even bother checking,i use tea every other feeding,when i feed i use KNF nutrients i make myself,but no i never check ph or ppm the soil employees take care all that hahah,if you have some really good living soil it take anything you throw at it just about,that being said i have no idea what your feeding,if the nutes come from a manufacture and in bottles just do as you would regluar and drop to half dose and work your way up to you get to the plant sweet spot,also just a tip be inside or outside,if your leaves are praying to the sun they need feed,if they just look as they always have dont feed,i grow outside veggie gardens mainly,im down on the meds growing ,i have all i need for another 4 months,but you as i always starring a hole threw the plants so you know what they normally look like,then all a sudden they look pretty and perky,they need water cause next day they be drooping most times,i mention this method mainly because outside it not normal for a perky tittie plant,real easy to over water and that bring grubs and all kinds critters tom your door step,biggest tip of all,dont go by your schedule of feeding ,go by plant talks,they all dont just feed the same ,some take boco of nutrients from the soil others are slower and hog out closer to the end game ,by feeding the plant when it needs it keeps a ton of larvae from surviving in your soil,wet soil brings on madness,all these pics of yellow strips hanging and or on the top of a pot,is usally from over feeding,especially knats they thrive with moisture,some say it came from the dealer direct in bag soil,never had that issue but some do,keep that soil damp and make there ass pray to the light or sun and you see them buggers be gone,hope it help friend,im sure others will follow with trash talk or which ever but make your own choice,unfortunatly we learn from mistakes but all is life experience

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
TDS in organics is not a meaningful measurement. Don’t complicate things. If you have a reliable water source that you know is good (no contaminations or excessive amount of carbonates etc.) just use that and add your organic nutes as the schedule suggests and be done with it.

B

bibiking

i just my well water ppm about once a month,when the aqufier receives a little rain from up stream,it usally goes up about a point then level back after a few days,rain water i dont even bother checking,i use tea every other feeding,when i feed i use KNF nutrients i make myself,but no i never check ph or ppm the soil employees take care all that hahah,if you have some really good living soil it take anything you throw at it just about,that being said i have no idea what your feeding,if the nutes come from a manufacture and in bottles just do as you would regluar and drop to half dose and work your way up to you get to the plant sweet spot,also just a tip be inside or outside,if your leaves are praying to the sun they need feed,if they just look as they always have dont feed,i grow outside veggie gardens mainly,im down on the meds growing ,i have all i need for another 4 months,but you as i always starring a hole threw the plants so you know what they normally look like,then all a sudden they look pretty and perky,they need water cause next day they be drooping most times,i mention this method mainly because outside it not normal for a perky tittie plant,real easy to over water and that bring grubs and all kinds critters tom your door step,biggest tip of all,dont go by your schedule of feeding ,go by plant talks,they all dont just feed the same ,some take boco of nutrients from the soil others are slower and hog out closer to the end game ,by feeding the plant when it needs it keeps a ton of larvae from surviving in your soil,wet soil brings on madness,all these pics of yellow strips hanging and or on the top of a pot,is usally from over feeding,especially knats they thrive with moisture,some say it came from the dealer direct in bag soil,never had that issue but some do,keep that soil damp and make there ass pray to the light or sun and you see them buggers be gone,hope it help friend,im sure others will follow with trash talk or which ever but make your own choice,unfortunatly we learn from mistakes but all is life experience

Thank you :)
how does it looks like when it needs feeding? and how does it looks like when it is over fad?

also - do you think I can grow with tea alone? will it do the job? or do I have to add nutes?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you :)
how does it looks like when it needs feeding? and how does it looks like when it is over fad?

also - do you think I can grow with tea alone? will it do the job? or do I have to add nutes?
tea is what i do feed,i only use reg water when i get lazy haaahh,i make a batch feed them make next batch and let it sit till next feeding,smell dont bother me,when you have animals wild and tame you always smell shit hahahhah,my favorite is comfrey ,when i dont feed the plants KNF i use comfrey ferments i make,far as when to feed is all above in the post,we all say stick a finger in a inch or 2,i dont really agree with that,that massive root ball stays moist,when a adverage number of my leaves all of sudden get as perky as a fine women in winters nip,i feed just my preference ,i discover just by watching them they seem to act as stoned as you ,kinda like eye mugging who is more messed up,hahah but then next day they like hello its me your looking for ,lol time to feed ,dont mind the spelling i cant haha but ease back and watch um talk to you,hell lot more interesting than what goes on in the world and around you

B

bibiking

tea is what i do feed,i only use reg water when i get lazy haaahh,i make a batch feed them make next batch and let it sit till next feeding,smell dont bother me,when you have animals wild and tame you always smell shit hahahhah,my favorite is comfrey ,when i dont feed the plants KNF i use comfrey ferments i make,far as when to feed is all above in the post,we all say stick a finger in a inch or 2,i dont really agree with that,that massive root ball stays moist,when a adverage number of my leaves all of sudden get as perky as a fine women in winters nip,i feed just my preference ,i discover just by watching them they seem to act as stoned as you ,kinda like eye mugging who is more messed up,hahah but then next day they like hello its me your looking for ,lol time to feed ,dont mind the spelling i cant haha but ease back and watch um talk to you,hell lot more interesting than what goes on in the world and around you
Got it, Thank you :)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
TDS is good for getting your water to a usable point. Meaning if you’re using distilled or RO water with no minerals in it you can add your minerals and check the TDS and adjust as needed until you are in a comfortable range and then add your nutrients or water your plants as needed.

Winter323

Winter323

It depends but generally if you are going heavy on teas its nice to check the ppm, I like to keep it around or below 1 EC for a feeding once or twice a week and otherwise just do water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom