Should I chop them down?

• Thread starter Newbie182
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbie182

Hello again, so my plants are about 1/2 way through week 10 in flowering and they are concerning me. So on one of my plants the tricombs are starting to turn amber, but I was told to wait till like 5-10 percent of them are amber before harvest, however the leaves are all turning brown and are getting close to the flower. The plant in the first 3 pics is not showing any amber tricombs but those leaves are all brown and are touching the bud. I want to wait as long as I can before harvest but I’m afraid the dead leaves will spread and I will start killing the buds. So do I harvest both now? I know they said it’s better to harvest early than late. So the first 3 pics are of one plant and the next pics is the other.

Should i chop them down
Should i chop them down 2
Should i chop them down 3
Should i chop them down 4
Should i chop them down 5
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Hello again, so my plants are about 1/2 way through week 10 in flowering and they are concerning me. So on one of my plants the tricombs are starting to turn amber, but I was told to wait till like 5-10 percent of them are amber before harvest, however the leaves are all turning brown and are getting close to the flower. The plant in the first 3 pics is not showing any amber tricombs but those leaves are all brown and are touching the bud. I want to wait as long as I can before harvest but I’m afraid the dead leaves will spread and I will start killing the buds. So do I harvest both now? I know they said it’s better to harvest early than late. So the first 3 pics are of one plant and the next pics is the other.
Hard to tell under that blurple light mate but from what I can c u are def in the harvest window I’d be very wary of them dying sugar leaves it’s the first sign of rot normally I’d pull it if it was me but that’s just my opinion man all ya brown hairs look shrivelled in 👍

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

I’d chop asap. I had the same issue once before. I thought I inspected thoroughly but I missed what I couldn’t see…..inside the buds.
If it were me, I would harvest and break the buds apart into small nuggets for the dry.
Watch out for any places that look “bad”…..and toss any piece that makes you question things.
Once you break the buds apart you’ll see what I mean.
More time growing will only hurt things. The plant has given all it has left to give…..and looks to be in a decent harvest window anyway.
Good luck

N

Newbie182

Have you put any thought into the dry/cure? It's just as important as the grow ... If you have already thought it all out, great. If not, now's the time to get your questions answered.
Well I’m using my laundry room to dry as it stays about 72 degrees in there with 66% humidity. I’m a little confused at this point. I’ve been watching and reading Kyle Kushman, for tips and how to videos but I need some straight answers. Yesterday I cut almost all the fan leaves off but didn’t do anything to the buds and I hung it up. So now do I let it hang for 7-10 days till dry and not touch them or what? Like I don’t know the steps beyond this.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
JUDO CHOP

N

Newbie182

That's why I brought it up. You don't want to wing it.

There's more than one technique for cleaning your stash. It sounds like you're going to "dry trim" the rest since you removed the fan leaves and hung up the buds to dry. I prefer wet trimming mine. Both methods work just fine.

Temperature, if you can, should be below 70f. Now don't panic if you can't because 72F is not too far out of "parameter." Your humidity in the laundry room should be ok. I prefer lower humidity at the beginning of my dry and finishing about where you're at in the mid 60's.

Since you have a lot of those little brown leaves on your buds, consider using a silicone rubber bbq/pastry brush to brush those off your buds once they are completely dry.

There's some tutorials here on this board for drying and curing. Use the search function. I'm sure you'll find a lot of suggestions.
Thank you so much for the advice and the tips. I do have one more plant to cut down, would it be better to wet trim this plant with the dying sugar leaves? Also wet trimming is basically just cutting the leaves off the buds then hang it?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Thank you so much for the advice and the tips. I do have one more plant to cut down, would it be better to wet trim this plant with the dying sugar leaves? Also wet trimming is basically just cutting the leaves off the buds then hang it?
I would 100%

Top Bottom