Should i cut the affected leaves off?

• Thread starter Kinetik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kinetik

Kinetik

Hello all. I have a bit of a problem with my little thing. I am now in week 2 of veg and the first pair of leaves stayed undeveloped and got rusty, now turning to black spots.
This is a calmag or nutriet burn issue. I have been using organic soil and organic nuts (biobizz). I used since start half the recomended dosage, but still i think i did something wrong. Anyway, i researched, i now all i have to do now, flush with alg-a-mic and slowly resume dosage.
One thing i do not know if i should do now, later, or ever..is…do i cut the leaves off?
Thanks!

Should i cut the affected leaves off
Should i cut the affected leaves off 2
Rawkn

Rawkn

Hey kinetik. I'd remove the bad leaves myself. I see your plants are only a couple weeks old and are in organic soil. That soil alone should give you 4+ weeks of nutrients for your plants. You've very likely fed them too much and/or made the soil too acidic with the bio buzz.

You probably should flush with Phd water or, what I would do is probably repot in fresh soil if I had the soil to do it with.

Best of luck to you. Someone else may have better advice than this. I just say what I'd do if it were my plants.

Kinetik

Kinetik

Hi. Thanks for the advice. Repotting is not an option because it’s an autoflower and the stress will affect it much. Flushing with just water is a problem for me because i do not have a ph-meter or adjustable solution. Tap water is at around 7.6 and the lower bottled mineral water i could find at the store is as 7.8 ph.
Biobizz nuts regulate the ph, that is why i have to wait for the ordered Alg-a-mic. My soil, sais on the bag retains at 6.5…shloud i flush now with the water i have?

Rawkn

Rawkn

I think you should be OK to give it a flush with any clean dechlorinated water you can use. The good thing about organic soil is its usually very good at balancing the PH. At only 2 weeks I can't see a Calmag deficiency being an issue, there's very likely too much of something in the soil. Even if your water had a PH of 8 I'd say flush. In fact my water's ph used to be 8 and I used it in organics as is with no problems at all.

Top Bottom