Should I defoliate auto flower White Widow

• Thread starter BigEd001
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BigEd001

About three weeks into flower. Question for those with experience with auto flowers should I trim some of the fan leaves or is it too late and should I just let her go on as is?

Should i defoliate auto flower white widow
Should i defoliate auto flower white widow 2
Should i defoliate auto flower white widow 3
Should i defoliate auto flower white widow 4
NickSkyland

NickSkyland

I would definitely defoliate so light can reach more buds and no mold forms where green stuff touches each other, but I'm not an autoflower expert, and here to learn, not preach 😆 Wonder what the pros will say. /following

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Maybe start with just the older beat up fan leaves deep inside the plant that are smashing into the other buds and restricting normal airflow. No need to get too crazy, since it looks like you have ample space around the plant. That’s just my 2¢. I don’t do too much to autos unless I have to.

looks great dude.

memnoch

memnoch

I see no reason to touch it. It's healthy, you have it in tent and can control your humidity I'm assuming. You have ample space and a fan I can see. What benefit would it serve for you. Mold isn't good to be an issue from what I can see. If you are worried about light coverage don't harvest the entire plant at once get the top half than let the lower go for a while longer if they still need it. I just don't see anything to gain from it myself. All I see is loss of flowering time from it recovering from your. defoliation.

BB22

BB22

That’s a good looking plant. 👍

I like to put a couple autos in my flower tent.

I’m new to growing so won’t offer advice.

Curious on genetics if you’re willing to share. Thanks

B

BigEd001

That’s a good looking plant. 👍

I like to put a couple autos in my flower tent.

I’m new to growing so won’t offer advice.

Curious on genetics if you’re willing to share. Thanks
ILGM white widow auto

B

BigEd001

I see no reason to touch it. It's healthy, you have it in tent and can control your humidity I'm assuming. You have ample space and a fan I can see. What benefit would it serve for you. Mold isn't good to be an issue from what I can see. If you are worried about light coverage don't harvest the entire plant at once get the top half then let the lower go for a while longer if they still need it. I just don't see anything to gain from it myself. All I see is loss of flowering time from it recovering from your. defoliation.
Kind of what I was leaning to I’m not too interested in slowing her down. Just a lot of energy in all them leaves but I got plenty of seeds and can get a little more creative with the next one. Mainly just wanted to get the first one in see what happens then try some things on the next one maybe some lst

B

BigEd001

I see no reason to touch it. It's healthy, you have it in tent and can control your humidity I'm assuming. You have ample space and a fan I can see. What benefit would it serve for you. Mold isn't good to be an issue from what I can see. If you are worried about light coverage don't harvest the entire plant at once get the top half than let the lower go for a while longer if they still need it. I just don't see anything to gain from it myself. All I see is loss of flowering time from it recovering from your. defoliation.
Also another six inch fan up top blowing down through the plant so plenty of air flow

memnoch

memnoch

Also another six inch fan up top blowing down through the plant so plenty of air flow
You can tuck those fan leaves behind buds and other leaves to give the buds more light as well. I'm sure you know that but just in case you didn't. You have to do this every few days. They work there way loose and you have to fix them.

B

BigEd001

You can tuck those fan leaves behind buds and other leaves to give the buds more light as well. I'm sure you know that but just in case you didn't. You have to do this every few days. They work there way loose and you have to fix them.
Yes I’ve been tucking daily

Latest posts

Top Bottom