Should I defoliate? Leaves are blocking some sites

• Thread starter J3rryswinger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Looks like a couple fan leaves are blocking potential bud sites, should I cut these fan leaves off?

Should i defoliate leaves are blocking some sites
Should i defoliate leaves are blocking some sites 2
Should i defoliate leaves are blocking some sites 3
Should i defoliate leaves are blocking some sites 4
Should i defoliate leaves are blocking some sites 5
J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

I cut them off cuz I broke them trying to spread them apart a little bit 😭😭😭 I guess now I know for next time. I’m gonna keep them in veg until they look 100% healthy. Shit is frustrating making mistakes everyday

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Fuuuuuck man. I hope I didn’t murder these girls 😞I also topped wayyyyyy too early. Debating between just completely starting over with new plants or trying to grow these ones out.

16A9CB6D FF61 40BE B416 238604693BF5
42C307C9 A9D8 4FEC AA20 F21EAC5AE496
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Keep em going. You’ll make more mistakes, trust me. No sense in starting over and making the mistakes you would have made on the first round.

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Keep em going. You’ll make more mistakes, trust me. No sense in starting over and making the mistakes you would have made on the first round.

very good point. I get frustrated pretty easily, especially since I’m alone in this and I have no one to show me how to do things

Cobray

Cobray

On my first grow I tried to leave them alone and concentrated on learning proper watering technique.
I wanted to fiddle with them, but realized I could easily love them to death.
My goal was to get them over the finish line alive.
The yield wasn't huge, but it was quality smoke. A big success for me.

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

On my first grow I tried to leave them alone and concentrated on learning proper watering technique.
I wanted to fiddle with them, but realized I could easily love them to death.
My goal was to get them over the finish line alive.
The yield wasn't huge, but it was quality smoke. A big success for me.
Yea im gonna stop messing with them from now until harvest. I have a little trouble with watering and feeding, I use coco n perlite using canna nutrients, try to feed every other day but sometimes it feels still wet so I let them go a little longer, feels more like soil than anything

marshman

marshman

Yea im gonna stop messing with them from now until harvest. I have a little trouble with watering and feeding, I use coco n perlite using canna nutrients, try to feed every other day but sometimes it feels still wet so I let them go a little longer, feels more like soil than anything
Pick the pot up, that will tell you how much water it there.

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Pick the pot up, that will tell you how much water it there.
Thanks bud. With using coco+perlite, should I water until a significant amount of runoff comes out, basically flushing out the previous feed? I measure EC of runoff once a week and they seem to be eating well

Clm307

Clm307

Thanks bud. With using coco+perlite, should I water until a significant amount of runoff comes out, basically flushing out the previous feed? I measure EC of runoff once a week and they seem to be eating well
I water till 10-15% run off... but I water everyday with nutrients in every watering. I try to keep my in going ec within 300 of my runoff ec... just givin my 2 cents 🤙

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Any ideas what this could be? No other evidence of pests other than leaves that look eaten

21CEBD36 1BF3 444F BD95 26BF27984655
82BA4EAC A807 42A0 9A34 FE4A84E31D6A
FCD001DF F697 4CE0 AA25 AD22B605BF7E
84B88268 BC81 41F1 8EF7 401890F47076
smokey79

smokey79

What's the consensus on defolation in flower, when I was first on the site, it was a big no no as they were seen as energy stores the plant has produced in veg and I like see them yellow in flower, some shade helps during flower.
However I have seen some amazing results lately, an watched 🇺🇸 videos with some big buds after defolation, reading up they say used for sun light and as indoors they loose their need given the light above.
I have 4x large lady's in tent with canna and coco, a 600w mantis Pro , dual spec going into week 5 flower.
Seems I have some large fan leaf that are wasting space and shading bud.
However their are conflicting views and big ain't everything.
I am thinking removing the lower ones and a few slightly higher leave the top 50cm as natural as possible.
However I do remember it was a no no before???

Top Bottom