Should I Flush During Week 4?

• Thread starter amedeo28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amedeo28

amedeo28

I been hearing that some growers flush during week 4 too and at the end of course, my question is will flushing in week 4 affect my plant in any harmful way?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
That depends on many other factors, coco, hydro or dirt, flushing with tons of runoff or just flushing with plain water and normal runoff, etc.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I been hearing that some growers flush during week 4 too and at the end of course, my question is will flushing in week 4 affect my plant in any harmful way?

I wouldn't flush in week 4 wait until 6-7. I don't flush really I just give the plants a few extra water feed towards end round week 6-7 but depends on how the plants look

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I flushed once, then I realized theres no point if you water with runoff every time.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I flush toilets, never pots. Does tour local farmer flush his corn, potato, tomato, etc crops? Doubt it. Unless you hammer the nutes, use pgr, or some nasty pesticides, there's no reason why camt you just water only as needed last 2 weeks. I've been doing it that way for 4 yrs now. Easy peasy. It's called autumning off. Tour fan leaves will start to yellow and the plants consume any last stores nutes. They will look like the leaves of a tree come fall.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Nutrients days 1,2 and 3. Day 4 flush with water and bone meal mixture. Day 5 dry. PH all to 6.0
Repeat through all weeks of flower. This is for a soil application.
IMG 0919

P

PharmHand

I flush toilets, never pots. Does tour local farmer flush his corn, potato, tomato, etc crops? Doubt it. Unless you hammer the nutes, use pgr, or some nasty pesticides, there's no reason why camt you just water only as needed last 2 weeks. I've been doing it that way for 4 yrs now. Easy peasy. It's called autumning off. Tour fan leaves will start to yellow and the plants consume any last stores nutes. They will look like the leaves of a tree come fall.
No offense, but probably not the best analogy..... You eat vegetables, not smoke them. And it's actually beneficial if the veggies are loaded with minerals, not true with bud destined for smoking. A lot of minerals won't even burn at doobie temperatures leading to incomplete combustion. But to each their own, that's the beauty of growing your own.

Most would consider what you're doing still flushing if you're giving pure water last two weeks. I water to decent runoff every time and feed low the whole way thru flower but I've got drains in my floor so that makes it easy; no shop vaccing. If I didn't I might not do it so often but it's still important for one to get an idea how salts are building up in the medium and to help ensure there's the correct balance of minerals in the medium. No matter what brand of nutes you use it's NEVER gonna be the perfect mixture/balance for all strains/conditions so whatever doesn't get used by the plant just remains in the soil compounding imbalances every time you feed. Of course you can grow without runoff/"flushing" but it's just not ideal. Just like you can grow without co2 supplementation, intense light, fertilizer supplements etc.... Just know that it can be better. A friend of mine grows with very little to no runoff and grows killer bud that burns great, but it's not as good as mine..... However I may be slightly biased lol. Happy growing :)
IMG 1297
500-700ppm to runoff every time

Latest posts

Top Bottom