Should I harvest early? Buds covered in mud

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

So last night hurricane Ida came through my area, it knocked half of my plants over so I wake up and check on them and find 5 plants laying in mud, I freaked out and started pouring gallons of water over the muddy buds and leafs I must of poured 15 gallons of water total trying to get all the dirt off, one of the plants that was in the mud is very close to harvest maybe 1 week left. The trichomes are all cloudy/milky with a couple amber trichomes. The buds are nice and hard, the calyxs seem Pretty damn swollen. I was waiting for more trichomes to turn amber but I'm Worried the muddy water the buds laid if for idk how many hours will cause some bud rot.

My question is would you guys pull that one plant early or let it go and hope for the best?

Ponky

Ponky

In my opinion bud rot attacks the weak. Harvesting a week early won't hurt you. So if it makes you more comfortable go with that option. If they're good stock you could let them finish if they're not showing signs of disease or pests.

growsince79

growsince79

So last night hurricane Ida came through my area, it knocked half of my plants over so I wake up and check on them and find 5 plants laying in mud, I freaked out and started pouring gallons of water over the muddy buds and leafs I must of poured 15 gallons of water total trying to get all the dirt off, one of the plants that was in the mud is very close to harvest maybe 1 week left. The trichomes are all cloudy/milky with a couple amber trichomes. The buds are nice and hard, the calyxs seem Pretty damn swollen. I was waiting for more trichomes to turn amber but I'm Worried the muddy water the buds laid if for idk how many hours will cause some bud rot.

My question is would you guys pull that one plant early or let it go and hope for the best?
From you descrition, it doesn't sound early at all. Don't wait for it to rot. chop chop.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I had same happen to one of mine. Broke the main stem and of course the top and a few side branches hit the muddy ground. I tried shaking it off and taping the beak but she went over again in the wind. I chopped at the break and brought it in and cleaned off in the tub and hung it. The rest of the plant wasn’t too bad. I was able to shake most off this morning after it dried out. I just sprayed it down with some lost coast. I will do that for the next three evenings. Dry weather ahead for a number of days. Hopefully I can get the plant to finish without developing rot. It’s a London Pound Cake about a month in flower and that’s my Hurricane Ida story.

Top Bottom