Should I harvest

• Thread starter GradmamaKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GradmamaKush

GradmamaKush

So this is my second harvest and im confused if its too early got some trich pics just looking for opinions. Im about 8-9 weeks into flowering strain is amnesia haze.

Should i harvest
Should i harvest 2
Should i harvest 3
Should i harvest 4
Should i harvest 5
Should i harvest 6
Should i harvest 7
Should i harvest 8
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
No not yet I can not see and amber as yet I run mine to 12 weeks but that’s just the way I grow . Good luck with it .

zzzybil

zzzybil

whole plant helps too . lotta clear ? ...........MY THEORY right or wrong is if you're not sure WAIT another week or 2 ............ Studying the frosty flower threads shows mature flowers for comparison . ........ Certainly no expert but my experience is noobs get antsy to chop , go by the breeder stated times and miss out on the full potential ,flavor, potency and weight , ie QUALITY possibilities . True getting cloudy but without the full pic its just pretty and IDK..........just seen this question soooooooo many times . You put the work in - don't short change yourself...........patience grasshopper

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So this is my second harvest and im confused if its too early got some trich pics just looking for opinions. Im about 8-9 weeks into flowering strain is amnesia haze.
They look good to me mostly cloudy from what I see. You could cut now and be happy with your grow. I compare harvesting to bananas some like them a bit green others like them soft and blackened its up to you to decide what you like. That comes from experience only, a few more days won't hurt but there is a saying here that lots of people are disapointed they cut early but very few are disappointed they cut later

growsince79

growsince79

Some strains will not show amber trichomes in any concentrated area until the plant is fully dead. This does not really happen until it's been hanging chopped long enough for it to dry to a certain degree. Plants don't die till the water stops moving towards the top of the plant. I don't even use trichomes as a determining factor anymore. Nor do I rely on pistil color. When a plant is in full swing of flowering, the pistils (hairs), will all be white, and long, and appear as a whole to all be sticking straight out reaching away from the plant in search of pollen in the air. When it's ready for harvest, the calyx, or would be seed pods, will swell up bigger than before, and this causes the pistils to recede back into the calyx, making them be short and kinda curly looking. Use the new growth at the tops of colas to see when this takes place. The buds will stop growing at the fast rate you are used too, and seem to stop all together. Sometimes almost every single hair will still be white. When you do harvest this time, notice how after they hang a few days and are dry. ALL the pistils are red/orange. Then look at the trichomes. Allot more amber than when you chopped the plant down. And more turning every day. When the calyx swell, the hairs recede halfway back inside them, and the plant shows no obvious growth spurt over night and throughout the next light cycle or day, in my opinion this is perfect as we can get to harvest time. If course keep in mind that you can harvest two or three weeks either before or after this and still have good results. All depends on the preference of the person smoking the final product. I harvest only the ready buds, and leave the other's till you finish myself. And I like my weed to knock your dick in the dirt. So it all depends on you really. And what you are trying to achieve. Also, I'm just a guy that been growing weed a long ass time. Not momma nature, or God, or anyone special like an expert gangster ass professor of bud. Just trying to help. Good luck. Them buds look trichome thick buddy. Good job. I bet it's some good ass bud weather you chop now. A week later. Or a week before. Smoke one for me homie!!!
I agree. Some people put way too much importance on the scope. A blind guy who knows how to grow can determine when his plant is ripe better than some guy looking at trich pics on the internet.

Top Bottom