Should i havest?

• Thread starter Brendan311
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Brendan311

Hi All,

Are these three plants ready for harvest?

Plant one = first pic.. this seems ready?

IMG_20190926_152239.jpg

Plant two = 2nd and thrd pic... Not sure.. its all milky and the leaves look amber but not the buds

IMG_20190926_073954.jpg

IMG_20190926_072929.jpg

Plant 3 = pics 4 and 5... Same as plant two seemingly.

IMG_20190926_072921.jpg

MVIMG_20190926_072850.jpg

Is it simply whether i want it more racy vs couchlock or will waiting maybe make more thc?

I really want to harvest for most potent thc wise..and leaving for 4 days so thought i should maybe chop all 3 now

hps4891

hps4891

Waiting longer, at this point wont make more thc, itll just change ur thc to cb-whatever ratios. And yeh i go by the kind of high im lookin for which is 99% couchlife lol

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Hi All,

IMG_20190926_152239.jpg

Plant two = 2nd and thrd pic... Not sure.. its all milky and the leaves look amber but not the buds

IMG_20190926_073954.jpg

IMG_20190926_072929.jpg

IMG_20190926_072921.jpg

Is it simply whether i want it more racy vs couchlock or will waiting maybe make more thc?

I really want to harvest for most potent thc wise..and leaving for 4 days so thought i should maybe chop all 3 now

I'd let her run for a while longer

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi All,

IMG_20190926_152239.jpg

IMG_20190926_073954.jpg

IMG_20190926_072929.jpg

IMG_20190926_072921.jpg

Trichomes turn Amber, not leaves, leaves turn yellow

Sunday687

Sunday687

Thanks, yeah i decided to harvest the first and let other two ride
I would wait on all of them trichomes are only part of what to look for. I feel most people harvest early because there only looking at trichomes i always wait till the pistils are oranged off snd the calyxes have swelled around them. The whole harvest early for sativa like high or later for indica i believe is completley false. Ypu want couchlock grow heavy indica head high sativa and wait till there ripe. You miss out on flavor and yield and potency harvesting early. All these trichs are cloudy and some would say harvest but i wont with all the white pistils and i also like the leaves to be yellowing off. Just my two cents happy growing

20190928 234614
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

I would wait on all of them trichomes are only part of what to look for. I feel most people harvest early because there only looking at trichomes i always wait till the pistils are oranged off snd the calyxes have swelled around them. The whole harvest early for sativa like high or later for indica i believe is completley false. Ypu want couchlock grow heavy indica head high sativa and wait till there ripe. You miss out on flavor and yield and potency harvesting early. All these trichs are cloudy and some would say harvest but i wont with all the white pistils and i also like the leaves to be yellowing off. Just my two cents happy growing

Some good points there by @Sunday687
here's a post i've made earlier on the same subject.

B

Brendan311

Got it, thank you!!

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

BRENDAN DO A GOOGLE SEARCH AND FIELD other ideas/perspectives. U CAN DO IT BASED ON THE MULTIPLE ISSUES I HAVE PRESENTED AS WELL AS OTHERS TOO. people will usually tell you what they do and why. yet, that doesn't help such a general question because everybody has a different idea of when to harvest based on experience, niche likes/dislikes, trich colors, harvest window, desired type of high/stone (saying those words mean a different thing to connaisseurs where to others those words are interchangable).

imho whether you like sats/indys/hybrids the effects are strain dependant regardless and you should have an idea of the type of high a strain can deliver if you choose it to grow. imho with that said many think and i agree not to harvest prior to milky though many do on purpose to suit their niche type of feeling they are after. that's not where a novice should start though imho. most who have their niche type didn't start there. they figured out their preferences over time.

so, you can choose to harvest at different times based on trich color that most advanced growers don't scope until after most new pistils start to really stop growing out and the colored pistils are still fairly plump and not shriveled up entirely. ONly reason i told you to google is because folks on pot boards will confuse you quite a bit if you're a novice more often than not. look for free weed growing books via google to give you a base to work from. check at least 3 out and decide on 1/2. peace

Top Bottom