Should I just feed her more?

• Thread starter M757
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M757

M757

She started to yellow about 2 weeks ago. Originally thought it was a PH issue so recalibrated my pen and continued to feed PH'd water. Looked like it was getting worse so I started to feed her Cal/Mag, FF Grow Big, and Big Bloom. Here are my last 3 feedings.
1. 5ML of Cal/Mag in gallon RO
2. 1/2 tsp of Grow Big, 10ML Big Bloom in gallon RO
3. 1.5 tsp Grow Big, 20ML Big Bloom, 2.5ML Cal/Mag in gallon RO

How long does it usually take for a nutrient def to visually correct?
Should I just keep tapering up the Grow Big till she greens up?
Should I pot up to a 10gal pot before flipping to flower?

Soil = Fox farm ocean forest transplanted into 5gal about 45 days ago.
Last runoff PH = 6.0
Last runoff PPM500 = ~800
Slurry PH= 6.8
Slurry PPM500 = 130
Light = SF4000 @ 70%
Temps = Lights off 68 Light on 77
RH = ~40%

Should i just feed her more
Should i just feed her more 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Looks like nute burn, so I would say you need to cut back on nutes, in general. The leaves kind of look like there's an Mg deficiency or lockout, but I can't be sure. That slurry pH is high, but I don't think it would cause an Mg problem.

I would try adding a tsp. of Cal/Mag or epsom salts in the next watering, with no other nutes, but that is just a guess.

BTW, leaves with deficiency symptoms low on the plant (Mg, N, P, K, etc) will never lose the deficiency symptom. New leaves just won't have it if the problem is fixed.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

How often are you watering/ feeding?...these plants look overwatered...and I see a bit of nute burn also

M757

M757

How often are you watering/ feeding?...these plants look overwatered...and I see a bit of nute burn also
The last 3 watering are the first time I’ve fed the whole grow. Usually 3-4 days between waterings. I actually weight them once they are within a pound of dry weight I water with a gallon of RO.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Trying to see your leaf tips better from a different angle...can you had a few side shots also...helps a lot

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

... also, I have noticed you are adding nutrients in your last 2 feeds to increasing on the third feed. Seems like a lot of nutrients, especially if you are not in flower. How old are these plants?

M757

M757

Trying to see your leaf tips better from a different angle...can you had a few side shots also...helps a lot
... also, I have noticed you are adding nutrients in your last 2 feeds to increasing on the third feed. Seems like a lot of nutrients, especially if you are not in flower. How old are these plants?
She’s about 3 months old. Yeah, I thought it was either N def or Cal mag def. Here are some side shots.

50F40995 14B5 47F1 BC18 C64986966A7F
C79593E8 7206 4E87 912E 2DD7A7D19EA3
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Thanks...yeah, doesn't look so much like overwatering from these photos, but if you have been feeding your plant(s) this much nutrients over the last 2 feeds (veg) then it is likely your roots have now reached out into soil that has been loaded up with too many nutrients.....and now the plant is showing that. Most nutrient companies give you an optimum maximum amount on feeding amounts, but the plant(s) will only takes what it needs as long as its in your soil. Best watering/ feeding practices is usually a 3-1 watering to your feeds and only give enough nutrients for your plants size and needs....not exclusively by any label. I learned a long time ago that it is easier to recover from underfeeding than it is to recover from overfeeding. 👍

Ponky

Ponky

The good: that main stem is stout.
The leaves aren't very damaged. And it will probably bounce right back.
The bad: feeding Fox Farms soil appears to be quite the tricky mistress.

M757

M757

So I'm still having the same issue. She is still growing but the yellowing continues. Ph has been between 6.3-6.8 the last 5 waters. The only thing I have yet to try that was suggested is an Epsom salt feed.

1 week ago, I re-potted to a 7 gal using Happy frog in hopes it might help. Haven't been feeding her since this post. Should I just flush with a low dose of grow big?

IMG 5746
IMG 5747
IMG 5748
M757

M757

Thanks...yeah, doesn't look so much like overwatering from these photos, but if you have been feeding your plant(s) this much nutrients over the last 2 feeds (veg) then it is likely your roots have now reached out into soil that has been loaded up with too many nutrients.....and now the plant is showing that. Most nutrient companies give you an optimum maximum amount on feeding amounts, but the plant(s) will only takes what it needs as long as its in your soil. Best watering/ feeding practices is usually a 3-1 watering to your feeds and only give enough nutrients for your plants size and needs....not exclusively by any label. I learned a long time ago that it is easier to recover from underfeeding than it is to recover from overfeeding. 👍
Would appreciate you thoughts on the updated pics. Should I just flush?

Top Bottom