Should I prune more or lollipop?

• Thread starter Girlonbikes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

The big plant, should I take all the little stuff out that is shaded? How far up do I trim off for lollipopping?

Should i prune more or lollipop
Should i prune more or lollipop 2
Should i prune more or lollipop 3
Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Depends on your goals, nice plant btw.
Thank you! What would be the goals for each? I know lollipopping can make the ends of the branches have bigger buds, but how far up the branches do I remove the leaves? I read that pruning your 2nd to 3rd week in flower will force the plant to devote more nutrients to growing bud instead of leaves. I’m not sure if I should do both, or one or the other.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Thank you! What would be the goals for each? I know lollipopping can make the ends of the branches have bigger buds, but how far up the branches do I remove the leaves? I read that pruning your 2nd to 3rd week in flower will force the plant to devote more nutrients to growing bud instead of leaves. I’m not sure if I should do both, or one or the other.

I only cleaned up the lowers about as much as you did since I don’t mind having some extra little buds to make hash etc. If you are only interested in the big top nugs you can do more lollipopping.

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

If I want to keep the lower buds for bubble hash, do I need to defoliate the lower part more? Or will those little leaves get covered in trichomes as well?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

If I want to keep the lower buds for bubble hash, do I need to defoliate the lower part more? Or will those little leaves get covered in trichomes as well?

Defoliating is more of a personal preference thing, than a need to do kind of thing. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Top Bottom