Should I put a screen in? Or just Train? Pics.

• Thread starter rockson21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rockson21

Hey guys. Sorry for the shitty HID pic, i just doubt i'll remember to ask this again at lights out.

I have these three girls that are ready to flower. They've been topped many times, so they are thick and bushy with a nice even canopy of tops.

You can barely make it out in the photo, but it's a 2x3 space with 3 3 gallon smart pots. (another plant is also in there but it's on the way out.). you can also barely make out that there is a ledge running around the walls about 8-10 inches above the soil. perfect height for a scrog screen.

is it too late to put a screen in? I kinda gotta flip the lights within a day or two here because they're gonna outgrow the space otherwise.

i guess what i'm asking is: do you think i should put a screen on and flip the lights, then begin the scrog process?

or is it too late for scrogging and i'm better off doing some LST to keep the canopy even and trimming to keep things under control down below?

the picture is crap, but the plants are about 12 inch tall bushes with a full canopy of tops. looking down on the space, if they had been under a screen, now would def be flip time.

Should i put a screen in or just train pics
R

rockson21

here's an overhead with the extra plant removed. sorry for the HID shot.

Photo
T

TheVenusflytrap

perfect timing man be gentle with ur tops when pulling then threw ur screen and make sure u account for the stretch when u flip lights back other than that keep pulling them tops threw till u cant fit anymore try and work the longer branches to the outside to save room for the short ones they will catch up maybe even top a couple more times before turning them back .....unless space is a issue good luck

R

rockson21

Word. Yeah I'm starting to feel like if I dont force them under a screen and manage the tangling myself, with the size of those plants I'm gonna end up with a tangled mess and a bunch of popcorn under the canopy.

Almost all these branches are the same size from 2 months of topping and pinching. It's gonna be messy but I gotta try the screen. Worst that can happen is i gotta cut stuff off to make room.

Once I get a screen in there I'll start a diary thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom