Should I supplement Calmag when tap is 40PPM..

• Thread starter Kushymane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kushymane

Kushymane

Fellas what’s going on!? I had a question about whether or not I should be supplementing calmag (or perhaps something else as well) in my tap.. water is 7.5 PH 40 PPM I know that’s pretty clean water so I just wanted some input from established growers.. Medium is Coast of Maine stonington blend super soil.

growsince79

growsince79

Fellas what’s going on!? I had a question about whether or not I should be supplementing calmag (or perhaps something else as well) in my tap.. water is 7.5 PH 40 PPM I know that’s pretty clean water so I just wanted some input from established growers.. Medium is Coast of Maine stonington blend super soil.
If growing hydro yes it does. Organic probably not.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In soil no and even in hydro it will depend on the base nutrients you are using. Almost every nutrient on the market will have adequate calcium. If you see a calcium deficiency in soil there is likely another cause other than not enough calcium in the soil.

growsince79

growsince79

I wish my tap water was 40.

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

True. But that’s drama. You can just trial and error till you see what the plant likes/doesn’t like. That’s what I do. Shoot first ask questions later. Unless your chicken ? !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not all tap water has plenty of calcium. Its best to get a water analysis done.
Agreed. But most nutrients do. Personally I feel if you are in soil and see a calcium deficiency 99% of the time it's due to some other factor.

True. But that’s drama. You can just trial and error till you see what the plant likes/doesn’t like. That’s what I do. Shoot first ask questions later. Unless your chicken ? !
You can get general analysis from you local water report. Most municipalities have them available online at the click of a the finger.

Kushymane

Kushymane

e
Agreed. But most nutrients do. Personally I feel if you are in soil and see a calcium deficiency 99% of the time it's due to some other factor.

You can get general analysis from you local water report. Most municipalities have them available online at the click of a the finger.
ill check it out thanks aqua

Top Bottom