Should I Switch To 12/12?

• Thread starter FelixTheCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

So they are 48 days old today and I'm starting to wonder when I should switch to 12/12. It's my first grow and I've read online that they double the size when you switch, so I'm wondering if I should be doing that soon, considering the size of my tent (4x4x8) and the distance from the lights.

Also, I'm only keeping 4 of them inside the tent (the rest will go outdoors), but I've been waiting to be able to see which ones are females so I can keep them inside. None of them have "balls" yet and all have the pre-pistils. Could they still turn out to be male? I'm thinking they probably came from a feminized mother because they all came from he same ounce that I got from a dispensary. My plan was to switch to flower only after I had the 4 plants in there, but now sure what I should do.

Any tips on what I should do from now is welcome! cheers :smoking:

Should i switch to 1212
DGP

DGP

I am really wondering why they aren't bigger after 48 days. That is plenty long for veg but I would expect them to be bigger. Sativa or Indica dominant? What was the strain name for the bag? You have so much room in the tent for just 4 plants. If that is all you are keeping then you could let them get a lot bigger and implement some low stress training to fill the space with the canopy (spread it out as they get taller).

Not a big deal but I would have used fabric grow bags cause they seem to work a lot better than plastic pots.

Plants look happy and basically healthy though.

Dee

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

I am really wondering why they aren't bigger after 48 days. That is plenty long for veg but I would expect them to be bigger. Sativa or Indica dominant? What was the strain name for the bag? You have so much room in the tent for just 4 plants. If that is all you are keeping then you could let them get a lot bigger and implement some low stress training to fill the space with the canopy (spread it out as they get taller).

Not a big deal but I would have used fabric grow bags cause they seem to work a lot better than plastic pots.

Plants look happy and basically healthy though.

Dee

I topped them 10 days ago and they kinda stopped stretching and started growing a lot of new leafs, so I'm thinking they'll start stretching again? They haven't shown any nute deficiency or anything so I'm not sure. It was a sativa dominant, but not sure the name. I have 5 of them in fabric pots, which were the ones that looked stronger before I transplanted them. Funny enough only 3 of them still look the strongest from the rest.

I just read online that 4 is how many you should keep in a 4x4x8. I was planning on transplanting them to 5 galloon pots

Idk if they seem smaller on that picture. They are all 10-12 inches
also I meant 48 days old from the day they popped out of the soil... I was thinking they would stretch more during 12/12

IMG 2832
Last edited:
Top Bottom