Should I throw the small one and focus on the big one? First time grower and any other help is greatly needed.

• Thread starter growernotashower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Should I throw the small one? I don't think she will keep up for harvesting/drying.

• Total voters
G

growernotashower

Just to add more info.
PLANT ON THE RIGHT:
It's an auto for sure, that much I know. The seed was from a buddy and he said it might be La S.A.G.E, but it was just a guess.
It's 72 days old. Around 40 days since it started flowering.
I repotted it 2 times (didn't think it was auto) and also lollipopped it a few days ago so that is why it might be a little shorter at 30 cm from the soil until the tallest bud.
Growing in 70/30 coco/perlite with the Biobizz nutrients except for calmag by Terra Aquatica since I couldn't find the calmag from Biobizz. Following schedule at 1/4 or 2/4 dose at 6/6.2 ph at flowering, 5.8-6.0 during veg.
The whole growth I kept getting burnt tip. Since it wasn't the top leaves I don't think it was light damage, but too much Nitrogen probably, although I'm not completely sure. Should I have just fed her less? I used calmag by a less famous brand that had 4-0-0 so I think too much nitrogen on that one burned her leaves.

PLANT ON THE LEFT:
Should be CRITICAL.
72 days old. Around 35 days since I thought it started flowering?
Sadly I didn't feed it for the first 3 weeks and it got lower yellow leaves (nitrogen def probably) and it didn't grow much since.
Thought it started flowering, but now I'm not even sure. I see pistils, but the buds are not growing at all.
Is it flowering or is it a photo plant and the pistils are normal to show so I would need to change the lighting to 12/12 which isn't an option considering the auto plant.

SETUP:
Spiderfarmer SP-2000 at around 6500 lux.
3 oscilators (smaller clip one that cannot be seen in the picture that goes between the plants and the light).
Exhaust fan with carbon filter and SpiderFarmer tent 2x4 that went with the kit.
Temperature around 73 during day and 67 during night. Humidity around 45-60, sadly can't spend money on dehumidifier and the small ones do not work for me, they just bring more heat inside the tent and higher electricity bill.
Any suggestions on how to improve this grow as well as the future ones are greatly appritiated.

Should i throw the small one and focus on the big one first time grower and any other help is
Unknown
Unknown2
Should i throw the small one and focus on the big one first time grower and any other help is  4
james_pot

james_pot

Maybe the left one needs a larger pot? 🙄
Im not a grower yet btw, just my humble opinion

2Bad

2Bad

Is there any issue with the left side one or you just don’t want to harvest at two diff times? There’s nothing wrong with harvesting twice lol

G

growernotashower

Is there any issue with the left side one or you just don’t want to harvest at two diff times? There’s nothing wrong with harvesting twice lol
The problem is that I only have 1 tent and I need it for drying. Meaning I can't have lights on and probably higher humidity. So I don't think I can harvest at different times. And currently I feel like the one on the left just wastes my feed, gives more humidity, takes place in the tent, give it risk of herming and pollinating my other one, or risk of it getting pests and infecting the one on the right as well. What do you think?

2Bad

2Bad

The problem is that I only have 1 tent and I need it for drying. Meaning I can't have lights on and probably higher humidity. So I don't think I can harvest at different times. And currently I feel like the one on the left just wastes my feed, gives more humidity, takes place in the tent, give it risk of herming and pollinating my other one, or risk of it getting pests and infecting the one on the right as well. What do you think?
I think if you can find a closet then ur good . all those problems are just scenarios that either plant could have

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I would probably let it go if it were me. Hard to know how quickly they’re going to finish up just based on their size. If the big one finishes early, you can pitch the little one then. In the meantime, you can use it to sort out your feeds so your next run is that much smoother. Good luck on your harvest. Cheers

josefrahl

josefrahl

If it's only a matter of drying-- Grab some big cardboard boxes, run a string through them, get some chip bag clips, and you got yourself a drying area. Finish the other plant as normal. I don't own a tent so that's how I dry everything 😁

TomH

TomH

The sawteeth on the leaves make me think something is up with both of those plants.
I had one do that about a week or two before mites became visible.
It could also be too much moisture too.

Top Bottom