Should i transplant or not

• Thread starter Guiltydwight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Started 2 autoflowers in 2gal pots and perhaps I should have started them in 5 gal instead . The plants are doing well but I feel like they're going to outgrow the 2gal pot rather quickly. If I was to transplant what would be the best way to go about it thanks

2Bad

2Bad

Started 2 autoflowers in 2gal pots and perhaps I should have started them in 5 gal instead . The plants are doing well but I feel like they're going to outgrow the 2gal pot rather quickly. If I was to transplant what would be the best way to go about it thanks
If they haven't started flowering I say go for it. Nothing special the roots are tough cannabis is a weed. personally when the plants smaller I like to transplant when moist (not soaking) because when it's dry the soil might just fall out is all.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Like any other plant you would transplant.

freezeland2

freezeland2

So just add soil at the bottom to create lift ten fill all around
Pre-moisten the soil you’ll be using in the new pot. I would use room temp water to moisten that soil and to water the plant in afterward. Helps to avoid cold roots. But yes, that’s pretty much it.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

If they haven't started flowering I say go for it. Nothing special the roots are tough cannabis is a weed. personally when the plants smaller I like to transplant when moist (not soaking) because when it's dry the soil might just fall out is all.
I prefer transplanting when the medium is dry. In my experience, the soil tends to hold together better and it slips out of the pot easier since the dry media tends to shrink up and pull away from the sides and bottom of the pot.

The best transplant method I've found is to fill your destination pot with soil until you can sit your 2 gal on top of it and the 2 gal soil line lines up with where you want the 5 gal soil line to be. Backfill with the 2 gal pot still in the 5 gal pot and press soil in so that there are no air pockets. Once you're satisfied with the backfill remove the 2 gal pot and slide out the plant and it's media and insert into the hole that was left when you removed the 2 gal pot. Side fill and press in any pockets between plant and the new media.

I like to bottom water transplants for their first water in as bottom watering tends to compact the soil and remove air pockets upon drainage.

This would also be a good time to add mycorrhizae if you were doing photos.

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Pre-moisten the soil you’ll be using in the new pot. I would use room temp water to moisten that soil and to water the plant in afterward. Helps to avoid cold roots. But yes, that’s pretty much it.
Thanks a lot for the quick response I'm gonna get on that now good Friday to you

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Did my transplant last night ,noticed my plants looked a bit wilty today, does it make sense to maybe dimm my light down a bit and increase humidity a little would that help the recovery a little?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Did my transplant last night ,noticed my plants looked a bit wilty today, does it make sense to maybe dimm my light down a bit and increase humidity a little would that help the recovery a little?
Would make sense yes, and dont water them too soon.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yes it’ll help for sure give them some recovery time they’ll perk back up

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I mix in a little Hormex when I water in the transplants and it seems to keep them happy.

B

bakelite

There is some good info here. Roots ruler, I saw you recommend tamping the soil down a bit to get rid of air pockets. I do the same, but I like to tap and or shake the new transplant to loosen the soil a bit afterwards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom