should I turn off the vent in grow room while the co2 tank is on?

• Thread starter Jay_Li
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jay_Li

Jay_Li

currently, I am on the second week of the flowering phase with 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness and just finished pruning leaves. we have one air conditions, one dehumidifier, max fans, with a room temperature 78f and 53% of humidity, i am wondering should i turn off the vent while co2 tank is on? Or turning off the vent doesn’t matter because I can check the co2 meter and make sure it is around 1500 ppm.

Should i turn off the vent in grow room while the co2 tank is on
Should i turn off the vent in grow room while the co2 tank is on 2
1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

no need to vent if you have co2 burner
its a waste of gas and electricity
1500ppm is the upper limit dont go over if you want my opinion
1200ppm is more comfortable

Ponky

Ponky

You don't want to vent your CO2 out. Some people do replace the air in the room on a timer. So the CO2 can build back up.

Jay_Li

Jay_Li

no need to vent if you have co2 burner
its a waste of gas and electricity
1500ppm is the upper limit dont go over if you want my opinion
1200ppm is more comfortable
What you said is very reasonable. Is my indoor air conditioner ensured to be around 75F during the day?

ChaoticNeal

ChaoticNeal

currently, I am on the second week of the flowering phase with 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness and just finished pruning leaves. we have one air conditions, one dehumidifier, max fans, with a room temperature 78f and 53% of humidity, i am wondering should i turn off the vent while co2 tank is on? Or turning off the vent doesn’t matter because I can check the co2 meter and make sure it is around 1500 ppm.
I only have one question man if you were planning on lollipoping them that much why did you veg so long an let them get that tall? Just seems like a lot of wasted veg time.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

I only have one question man if you were planning on lollipoping them that much why did you veg so long an let them get that tall? Just seems like a lot of wasted veg time.
heres whats going to happen.
As they continue to put on more weight, the branches will start to sag.
For a master grower, thats a good thing but for an amateur grower...that can be a nightmare.

Branches breaking, added stress, uneven canopy.

Like ChaoticNeal said:
you wasted alot of time growing bud sets, then you cut them off. why? whats your reason behind it?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
heres whats going to happen.
As they continue to put on more weight, the branches will start to sag.
For a master grower, thats a good thing but for an amateur grower...that can be a nightmare.

Branches breaking, added stress, uneven canopy.

Like ChaoticNeal said:
you wasted alot of time growing bud sets, then you cut them off. why? whats your reason behind it?
doesn’t look like an Amateur set up, looks like 6 or more HPS hangin in that photo.
unless it was most recently built?
Takes many years and failures to be a seasoned grower, respectfuly.
How do you define a master grower?

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

doesn’t look like an Amateur set up, looks like 6 or more HPS hangin in that photo.
unless it was most recently built?
- Pictures can be decieving and can tell many tales. And while it may appear to be a seasoned set up, doesnt mean the person "driving" knows how to drive.
and with respect to the O.P i wasnt questioning their level of "expertness" nor was my reply negative.

I get it, my forum personality can be easily read wrong as we have just experienced recently where I lost some posts. no worries on my end and I dont take it personal.

Takes many years and failures to be a seasoned grower, respectfuly.
Your right. I agree but I dont agree.
To Win, you have to lose but its not about just keep shooting and eventually you will hit something. You have to learn from the failure so that the failure isnt a failure.

A parts changer can change parts but a mechanic can change parts AND tell you why the part failed and keep it from happening again. There is a big difference.

How do you define a master grower?
A master grower is being able to take lemons and turn them into lemonade.

can you answer a question for me?

Would you Veg 50+ plants for more than 5 months, only to remove all that growth? what are you trying to achieve? its not logical to me

I dont get it.

ok sure, maybe you need a supply of clones for the next run. You can easily sacrifice a plant or 2, hell even 3 but thats why you keep a mother - if thats your thing

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
- Pictures can be decieving and can tell many tales. And while it may appear to be a seasoned set up, doesnt mean the person "driving" knows how to drive.
and with respect to the O.P i wasnt questioning their level of "expertness" nor was my reply negative.

I get it, my forum personality can be easily read wrong as we have just experienced recently where I lost some posts. no worries on my end and I dont take it personal.

Your right. I agree but I dont agree.
To Win, you have to lose but its not about just keep shooting and eventually you will hit something. You have to learn from the failure so that the failure isnt a failure.

A parts changer can change parts but a mechanic can change parts AND tell you why the part failed and keep it from happening again. There is a big difference.

A master grower is being able to take lemons and turn them into lemonade.

can you answer a question for me?

Would you Veg 50+ plants for more than 5 months, only to remove all that growth? what are you trying to achieve? its not logical to me

I dont get it.

ok sure, maybe you need a supply of clones for the next run. You can easily sacrifice a plant or 2, hell even 3 but thats why you keep a mother - if thats your thing
Although I have taken tomatoes and turned them to salsa:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom