Should I Wait Longer For My White Widow Big Bud Harvest

• Thread starter W8lifts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

W8lifts

Guys we are pulling are hair out on this, we are looking for a good energetic feeling, and think this might be the perfect time to harvest. I need your opinion, because I am to new at this.

Should i wait longer for my white widow big bud harvest
Should i wait longer for my white widow big bud harvest 2

Should i wait longer for my white widow big bud harvest 3
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

in the pic to me the tri look cloudy but not sure u want more cloudy then clear if u do then u ready for the cut

also super sexy plant good job

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

go online or to radio shack and pick up at least a 30x-60x magnification tool. Here's one on amazon with a 60x-100x range.

Count 20 trichomes on a spot and see how many amber ones there are. 1 amber in 20 is 5% amber, 2 is 10%, 3 is 15%. You want to harvest at 5, 10 and 15% on any new strain, then see which stage works best for it.

Less than 5% and you'll get a short high time with incomplete cannabinoid and terpene effects. Later than 15% and you're getting into the sleepies due to your THC breaking down into CBN. 30% and beyond is just ignorant, unless you want to sleep through life or use MASSIVE amounts of caffeine to stay awake. Sleepy is NOT potent, it's garbage.

Nothing like ripe cannabis. It looks like you have a few days to a week yet, maybe more. Go grab a scope. :)

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

I would probably feed her nothing but straight tap water for a week or two until the fans started to yellow and then harvest.
Only if you want significantly smoother and tastier cannabis. lol (Unless the tap water is below 50ppm, I'd go with R/O, for an even cleaner/smoother finish.)

W

W8lifts

sorry I am controversial grower, plant is getting washed and cured after, Nutrients are still going till I cut it down.

W

W8lifts

go online or to radio shack and pick up at least a 30x-60x magnification tool. Here's one on amazon with a 60x-100x range.

Count 20 trichomes on a spot and see how many amber ones there are. 1 amber in 20 is 5% amber, 2 is 10%, 3 is 15%. You want to harvest at 5, 10 and 15% on any new strain, then see which stage works best for it.

Less than 5% and you'll get a short high time with incomplete cannabinoid and terpene effects. Later than 15% and you're getting into the sleepies due to your THC breaking down into CBN. 30% and beyond is just ignorant, unless you want to sleep through life or use MASSIVE amounts of caffeine to stay awake. Sleepy is NOT potent, it's garbage.

Nothing like ripe cannabis. It looks like you have a few days to a week yet, maybe more. Go grab a scope. :)
I have a x 60 will count and see, thanks for the tip on counting, never read that before

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

I have a x 60 will count and see, thanks for the tip on counting, never read that before
You'll appreciate it. Been doing it for 15 years now. ;)

I'm a connoisseur, as well as a patient. Fed till chop is great for edibles, shite for toking. :)

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

What % amber are you at right now? Should you be wanting to run this/these strains again, make sure you write down the percent amber and (after dry/cure) the effects.

W

W8lifts

What % amber are you at right now? Should you be wanting to run this/these strains again, make sure you write down the percent amber and (after dry/cure) the effects.
Hi, based off your information, I am between 5-10%. I do in fact have a grow journal that I maintain, and a smoke report will go with it.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hi, based off your information, I am between 5-10%. I do in fact have a grow journal that I maintain, and a smoke report will go with it.
I think you are supposed to do multiple counts on different parts of the plant and then add up the average to get an accurate count.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

I think you are supposed to do multiple counts on different parts of the plant and then add up the average to get an accurate count.
I simply check amber in 3-4 different patches of 20. Yes, this will give you a better average.

Sounds like you're right on target with that 5-10%, perfect timing of your post. Good work on the journal. :)

Top Bottom