Should my buds be bigger at week 5/6? Defoliation??

• Thread starter FirstTimeGrower13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FirstTimeGrower13

FirstTimeGrower13

First grow here! I held off on defoliating in flower and I’m wondering if ya’ll think I should remove some of the upper foliage to let some light through. I’m also curious about the bud size... when do you think they’ll start to bulk up and is there any way I can facilitate this? I’m also open to any suggestions based on the pics!! Thanks in advance!!

Should my buds be bigger at week 56 defoliation
Should my buds be bigger at week 56 defoliation 2
Should my buds be bigger at week 56 defoliation 3
Should my buds be bigger at week 56 defoliation 4
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

What lights are you using? Wondering if you have enough light. In general they look a little stretched, otherwise healthy.

FirstTimeGrower13

FirstTimeGrower13

What lights are you using? Wondering if you have enough light. In general they look a little stretched, otherwise healthy.
a vivarspectra 600 watt LED and a 30 watt LED for extra lighting

FirstTimeGrower13

FirstTimeGrower13

what can I do for now to finish off this harvest. Buy another light? Defoliate the top to allow more light penetration?

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

a vivarspectra 600 watt LED and a 30 watt LED for extra lighting
Obvious question here, but you did switch it to BLOOM mode, right? 😎 Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks pretty high above the canopy. You can run that light at around 18 inches away, I would think. I don't have enough experience to comment on the quality of the light itself.

FirstTimeGrower13

FirstTimeGrower13

Obvious question here, but you did switch it to BLOOM mode, right? 😎 Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks pretty high above the canopy. You can run that light at around 18 inches away, I would think. I don't have enough experience to comment on the quality of the light itself.
Haha yes I did! The issue I have is that some are sativa and others indica so the heights are different, making lighting difficult. That’s why I bought the extra light. Doing it again I would’ve grown all sativa or all indica. But for now, I’m trying to figure out how to get more light to these guys.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Haha yes I did! The issue I have is that some are sativa and others indica so the heights are different, making lighting difficult. That’s why I bought the extra light. Doing it again I would’ve grown all sativa or all indica. But for now, I’m trying to figure out how to get more light to these guys.
If you have not done so already, use a smartphone app to check the light intensity hitting your flowers, adjust the lighting position accordingly.

FirstTimeGrower13

FirstTimeGrower13

Smartphone app says 1300 when it’s right under the light... that can’t be right

uphere

uphere

I used Viperspectra tc600, it is actually a 220 watt draw from wall. I believe this is the case for you. You need about twice that for Flower. I use my viperspectra for seedlings and clones only. You may want to invest in a new lamp, especially if you plan on running several plants and genetics. They all look good. Great work. Happy Farming.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^what he said, those lights are not 600w and they don't compete with a 600w HPS. Thats my main gripe with some of these LED companies, so dishonest. If you want to have something equal to a 600w HPS you need to get a 400w full spectrum LED. Examples would be Gavita or Spider Farmer, those purple lights, meh.

If an LED cost $160, you won't get good results when flowering. For a tent your size you will need at least a $400 (probably more) LED to get anywhere close to a 600w HPS in the same space.

Top Bottom