Should my buds feel crispy when going in to grove bags

• Thread starter Jayde962
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jayde962

Jayde962

I chopped last friday and bud washed 9 out of 13 plants whole plant dried the rest

dried 6 days 62-65 50-60rh

i trimmed everything this morning and my buds felt really crispy but still firm when i put then in to the grove bags

Will the buds moisten back up in a couple days?

last grow i wet trimmed(terrible idea) and it dried in 3 days cause it was hot out(in Az) so i have zero references
thanks in advance!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
That step of going into a bag can be tough. Tip I picked up here at THC was how to cure. I go from dryer to storage container, opening daily, for a few weeks then into sealed bags. It's made a huge difference in taste, smell, evens out moisture, shelf life etc.

IMG 0888

hope this helps

jj

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Any feedback on the Grove bags? I'm trying some for the first time here. I dried hanging buds until they felt dry on the outside, but the stems didn't quite snap. Put 9 ounces of those into a Grove bag, and the next day RH was at 64%, and the buds were now sort-of moist to the touch. I think that might be ideal, but I'm going to burp the bag for a day or so to be sure I avoid a mold situation.

The second bag got some less-dry buds. Barely dry on the outside, and large, thick buds. Within a few hours a hygrometer in the bag was at 70%, and the buds were moist to the touch (and sticking together a lot). So those don't seem dry enough. I'm leaving that bag open for now, and I'm considering moving those buds to a paper bag overnight to dry more.

Standard stuff, I think. Basically dry to the point where you would maybe burp a mason jr daily.

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

Any feedback on the Grove bags? I'm trying some for the first time here. I dried hanging buds until they felt dry on the outside, but the stems didn't quite snap. Put 9 ounces of those into a Grove bag, and the next day RH was at 64%, and the buds were now sort-of moist to the touch. I think that might be ideal, but I'm going to burp the bag for a day or so to be sure I avoid a mold situation.

The second bag got some less-dry buds. Barely dry on the outside, and large, thick buds. Within a few hours a hygrometer in the bag was at 70%, and the buds were moist to the touch (and sticking together a lot). So those don't seem dry enough. I'm leaving that bag open for now, and I'm considering moving those buds to a paper bag overnight to dry more.

Standard stuff, I think. Basically dry to the point where you would maybe burp a mason jr daily.
I know this might not be ideal for some people but what I do since I already had about 8 Mason jars is, I dry my buds,trim them and then put them in mason jars with hygrometers until they read a consistent 62 to 64 and then I put them into grove bags and never touch them again really(until I devour them)

I recently put some bud in a Grove bags that was in the 64/65 range and I was a little worried about mold,so I checked them once every week for a month and found they were fine. Your results may vary though if you live in a humid area.

Top Bottom