Should you cure CBG flowers?

• Thread starter EugeneTheGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EugeneTheGrower

EugeneTheGrower

Hello, I've received advice that I shouldn't cure my CBG flowers because they wouldn't regain smell after curing. Is there any other reason for which I may want to cure flowers other than a smell?
From what I know curing is for chlorophyll degradation and extracting moisture from deep regions of a bud. So I think this advice is not very good (though I received it from an expert)
Thanks

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I grew one CBD strain ever. I cured it and there were no issues with loss of scent.

That said, this was not from hemp dominant genetics. By appearance, it was a droolworthy hybrid, covered with frost and smelling of blueberry candy. If a strain has a lot of hemp in it, curing might not be a good idea.

BTW, I discovered, after growing my CBD plants, that I really don't need CBD.

EugeneTheGrower

EugeneTheGrower

I grew one CBD strain ever. I cured it and there were no issues with loss of scent.

That said, this was not from hemp dominant genetics. By appearance, it was a droolworthy hybrid, covered with frost and smelling of blueberry candy. If a strain has a lot of hemp in it, curing might not be a good idea.

BTW, I discovered, after growing my CBD plants, that I really don't need CBD.
I am talking about CBG strains. They are grown mainly because of THC level is below 0,2%. And has difference to cbd in terms of final product look and smell. Basically it don't smell at all and has zero taste - what others reported. One guy said that curing or not cbg flowers don't smell and don't taste. But the question is whether you need cure for other reasons: preparation for long-term storage; degrading of chlorophyll. As I know chlorophyll will introduce harshness in your throat during smoking

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

What is the difference between CBG and CBD?​

CBG is different from CBD in several critical ways:
  • Molecular structure. Cannabigerol and cannabidiol have different molecular structures. Molecular structure refers to the number and arrangement of hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen atoms that constitute a cannabinoid. Dissimilar molecular structures mean that CBD and CBG have different three-dimensional shapes, and therefore bind with the body's cannabinoid receptors in different ways and act on the body distinctively. A cannabinoid's molecular structure also helps determine the bioavailability of the cannabinoid, and its degree of solubility in water.
  • Pharmacology. CBD and CBG also activate receptors differently. For example, a 2011 study published in Psychopharmacology compared the effects of CBD and CBG at the 5-HT1A serotonin receptor. CBD appears to exert its anti-nausea effects through its affinity for the 5-HT1A receptor, acting as an agonist (activator). CBG, on the other hand, behaves as an antagonist (blocker) at the 5-HT1A receptor. The findings showed that a pre-treatment with CBG blocked CBD's anti-emetic effects, suggesting that the two cannabinoids bound to the same place, but had opposing actions at this receptor.
  • Appetite stimulation. Another critical way in which CBG differs from CBD is in appetite stimulation. Research in rats showed that doses of CBG encouraged the animals to eat more than double their normal food intake. In another study, cannabigerol didn't induce any changes to feeding behavior, but cannabidiol significantly reduced total food intake.

TheWalkingPlant

TheWalkingPlant

Did they
I am talking about CBG strains. They are grown mainly because of THC level is below 0,2%. And has difference to cbd in terms of final product look and smell. Basically it don't smell at all and has zero taste - what others reported. One guy said that curing or not cbg flowers don't smell and don't taste. But the question is whether you need cure for other reasons: preparation for long-term storage; degrading of chlorophyll. As I know chlorophyll will introduce harshness in your throat during smoking
I don’t have an answer for you, but I do have a question. Are you saying they didn’t smell while they were growing? I’m looking for any type of cannabis plants that don’t smell so they’re good for low key outdoor home grows. Doesn’t matter if they’re type 1-4, just any plant that doesn’t smell. I’ve never grown a cbg strain but If they don’t smell then I’m going to try to find a cut somewhere

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

But the question is whether you need cure for other reasons: preparation for long-term storage; degrading of chlorophyll. As I know chlorophyll will introduce harshness in your throat during smoking

Didn't you just answer your question right there? Cannabinoid dominance isn't going to effect chlorophyll degradation and the fermentation processes that occur during curing.

EugeneTheGrower

EugeneTheGrower

Did they

I don’t have an answer for you, but I do have a question. Are you saying they didn’t smell while they were growing? I’m looking for any type of cannabis plants that don’t smell so they’re good for low key outdoor home grows. Doesn’t matter if they’re type 1-4, just any plant that doesn’t smell. I’ve never grown a cbg strain but If they don’t smell then I’m going to try to find a cut somewhere
They do smell while growing, but after drying they are not. And the guy said that after curing neither

Top Bottom