Show Me Your Cheap Led Grows?

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I think I've finally decided on going with 2 X 300 watt Meizhi Led units instead of 1 larger unit..
It's not a top of the line unit but from the different reviews I've come across after tons of YouTube videos it seems the be 1 of the better cheap units.. I'll be placing a order later tonight unless so,one talks me into something else before I go to bed....

I'll be in a 48x24x60 tent.
The one you're looking at buying is going to be more like a 6500 k grow light. Which is fine that will work.https://goo.gl/images/7kbJdM

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I think I've finally decided on going with 2 X 300 watt Meizhi Led units instead of 1 larger unit..
It's not a top of the line unit but from the different reviews I've come across after tons of YouTube videos it seems the be 1 of the better cheap units.. I'll be placing a order later tonight unless so,one talks me into something else before I go to bed....

See how this kind LED is very similar to the Mars Hydro Spectrum.https://goo.gl/images/Spx3za

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Take a look at the Spectrum on this cheap $20 panel. The most important thing about your light is the Spectrum. You challenged someone to talk you out of buying those lights. Good night.http://m.ebay.com/itm/225-LED-Hydro...%3Aa19e4c3315d0ab618370706dfffc3cea%7Ciid%3A7

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Thanks for all the info... I was actually looking at the Mars hydro 2 that you suggested as far as spectrum goes but buying 2 of those exceeded my budget with everything else I'm purchasing. I still may try & make it work though.

That being said, especially since you brought up spectrums. If I was to stay with the Meizhi Reflectors I'm currently considering & rock those till its time to flower, could I not add a couple of those inexpensive panels then to add more red throughout the flower cycle,, would that be a wise move?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

You could do that but then you start acquiring a whole bunch of stuff to put in a 4 by 2. The galaxyhydro has good Spectrum plus it has a nice bump of ir and uv. But most people will tell you it's to week because of the 3 watt LEDs LOL your call

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

You could do that but then you start acquiring a whole bunch of stuff to put in a 4 by 2. The galaxyhydro has good Spectrum plus it has a nice bump of ir and uv. But most people will tell you it's to week because of the 3 watt LEDs LOL your call

Yeah that small Tent would be crowded as F..
Such a hard dang decision.. I wonder with it being less leds would the 2 mars hydro 2's
Be enough?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

The Galaxy Hydro tries to do a pretty good job at simulating HPS. Putting Jeep panels down on the sides help with the penetration. No matter what light you use if you have it stuffed in a 2 by 2 wall to wall you're not going to get any penetration to your lower canopy

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I would recommend no matter what you buy to put a few cheap panels down on the sides at the canopy. If not I would just do a scrog grow

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

The Galaxy Hydro tries to do a pretty good job at simulating HPS. Putting Jeep panels down on the sides help with the penetration. No matter what light you use if you have it stuffed in a 2 by 2 wall to wall you're not going to get any penetration to your lower canopy

I'm probably just gonna try & do 3 plants the most with this being my first attempt & they will be autos also because that what I have as far as seeds.

I really wanna try some green crack, that will be my round 2 attempt.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I'm probably just gonna try & do 3 plants the most with this being my first attempt & they will be autos also because that what I have as far as seeds.

I really wanna try some green crack, that will be my round 2 attempt.
If you go with some small thin plants you might get enough penetration to those lower Buds and they won't come out thin and loose. You're going to find that with only two feet wide you'll run out of room real quick even with autoflowers. A few cheap panels could make a difference.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

The light you're looking at buying will still work. A lot of people like growing in that heavy blue and they seem to do fine. There is a light out there called higrow on Amazon and it has really good reviews a lot of people love it. It has a very similar Spectrum to yours you might check it out and see if maybe it has some better white or more UV IR

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Just buy something and end this suffering would you.:D

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Yeah that small Tent would be crowded as F..
Such a hard dang decision.. I wonder with it being less leds would the 2 mars hydro 2's
Be enough?
Doubt it that's the problem there's nothing in between The Next Step Up is a 96 I think

Dan789

Dan789

It's a combo of: king plus 1200, a lighthouse hydro blackstar 240uv, and a viperspectra 450 inside a 4x4 tent. On the spectra's who knows. But they will grow some bud. Don't cost an arm and leg, don't use too much power around (400 watts at the wall).

Top Bottom