Showing my second autoflowering crop, advice is appreciated.

• Thread starter Sauron420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sauron420

Sauron420

Hi, I'm new around here and would like to show my crop and ask for advice from those more experienced, especially with autoflowering plants using Biobizz, as I think my crop could do better.

I had very good experiences growing in hydroponics with Atami nutrients, dinafem autoflowering seeds, sodium light and a Wilma system. It was my first experience with growing and it gave me the best flowers. Now I am trying in soil, with Biobizz nutrients, with BSF seeds, and with led light.

Here is the detail of my setup:

Tent: 1,2 x 1,2 x 2 mts.
Led: 640W, 1047 PPFD
- Chip Samsung LM561C S6/LM301B/LM301H
- Diode Samsung LM301B SK
- Full Spectrum: 3500K + 660NM
1 intake fan
1 exhaust fan
1 oscillating internal fan

And some information about my crop:

Light: first week after gemination 18 hrs, then 20hrs. (50 cms. distance)
Intake and exhaust fans work every 15 minutes. Oscillating fan always on.
Temp: lights off, fans off, 20° - 22°C
lights off, fans on, 18° - 20°C
lights on, fans off, 28° - 30°C
lights on, fans on, 24° - 26°C
Humidity: Veg: 70-75%
Bloom week 1, 2 and 3: 60%
after 50% until end.
Pot size 18 lts. (currently filled with only 14 lts.)
Biobizz All mix substrate
BSF Seeds Auto: 2 Lebron Haze (60-65 days)
2 Critical (55 days)
2 Tangie (75-80 days)

Germination: 4 days and 3 days of only water after transplanting.
Veg: 3 weeks.
Currently: third week of flowering.
Watering: every 3-4 days
Veg: 500cc-750cc
Flowering: week 1 and 2, 1lt.
week 3 1,5 lt.
Water temp: 18-20°

Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated
Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated 2

Critical:

Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated 4
Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated 3

The two critical ones have a modified feeding to the one shown in the Biobizz feeding table as they have a period of 55 days. In general I think they are doing well but I would like to know if I should worry about the yellow leaves they have at the base.

This is the feeding chart:

Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated 9

Lebron:
Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated 5
Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated 6

This is where I have the most doubts since the one on the left is clearly not 100%, wilted but with good development. Its sister on the right under the same conditions has developed well although more yellow leaves are appearing at the base.

The feeding chart:

Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated 10

Tangie:
Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated 7
Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated 8

These have the longest period, 11 weeks. I think they should have grown longer and the one on the right which is the tallest has more yellow leaves than I would like.

Feeding chart:

Showing my second autoflowering crop advice is appreciated 11

I'm sorry if I went on too long or it's too much to read but I tried to be as detailed as possible.
This is my second planting in soil, the first one went quite well but I think I can improve especially in terms of production and avoid the stress or deficiencies that for example the Lebron and Tangie I mentioned above have.
I thank those who took the time to read and can give me advice on how to improve and correct especially those that have problems.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Ok
Your lights to close at just over 19” away especially with a 640w led

Raise it to around 25-36” and have it dimmed to 75%/80% depending on manufactures dim settings

The one that’s wilting is because it’s either underwatered or overwatered

I do see signs of incorrect watering and fertiliser problems

You would of been better having the whole plant above the pots rim however it’s to late now

Sauron420

Sauron420

Ok
Your lights to close at just over 19” away especially with a 640w led

Raise it to around 25-36” and have it dimmed to 75%/80% depending on manufactures dim settings

The one that’s wilting is because it’s either underwatered or overwatered

I do see signs of incorrect watering and fertiliser problems

You would of been better having the whole plant above the pots rim however it’s to late now

Thanks for commenting, what would you change regarding irrigation and nutrients? I try to water them only when the soil feels low in humidity which is basically every 3 days or so, 1.5 liters per plant which is when they start to shed water from below. Regarding nutrients I try to follow the Biobizz table adapted to the life span of the plants.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
The only real bit of advice is not to use bio bizz at full strength

If your not overwatering then you have a fert problem witch I can’t fully diagnose comfortably

Yellowing from the bottom up is a sign of n deficiency however the plant looks like it’s got enough n and it maybe a p deficiency unless you locked the nutes out with a imbalance either way I would rather someone else look in

Sauron420

Sauron420

The only real bit of advice is not to use bio bizz at full strength

If your not overwatering then you have a fert problem witch I can’t fully diagnose comfortably

Yellowing from the bottom up is a sign of n deficiency however the plant looks like it’s got enough n and it maybe a p deficiency unless you locked the nutes out with a imbalance either way I would rather someone else look in

Finding the balance of nutrients is becoming difficult for me, this is why I came to ask for help from the experts, I have tried to be precise with both watering and fertilizer doses but there is always a problem. I also think it is some deficiency but I don't have enough experience to correct them. In the last watering I added some Sensi Cal Mag from Advenced Nutrients in the hope that it will improve. Thanks again for the advice, hopefully more can weigh in on this.

420autoflier

420autoflier

I haven't seen any mention of ph or feeding frequency. So how's your root zone ph and how often do you fertigate.

420autoflier

420autoflier

You said finding the balance is difficult. What exactly is getting difficult about it.

Sauron420

Sauron420

I haven't seen any mention of ph or feeding frequency. So how's your root zone ph and how often do you fertigate.

Frequency of feeding is in the data above, every 3 days depending on the need of the plant, usually about 1.5 lts at the moment and the PH that I forgot to put it, is between 6.2 and 6.4 with aged tap water.

420autoflier

420autoflier

oh sorry, i meant are you feeding every time you water? have you ever watered to a decent say 10 % runoff? kinda looks like you might have a nute salt buildup. next time you water collect some runoff and check ph and ec or ppm..

Sauron420

Sauron420

oh sorry, i meant are you feeding every time you water? have you ever watered to a decent say 10 % runoff? kinda looks like you might have a nute salt buildup. next time you water collect some runoff and check ph and ec or ppm..
Yes, every time I water. it is with nutrients, I always worry that they throw a little water in the dish, but I have never measured it. I only have a PH meter. Maybe the next one should be only with water?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Maybe the next one should be only with water?
That might help. I'd like to see pictures of the plants & leaves taken from a downward angle. Yellowing of lower leaves is normal during flowering. It's because the plant is using mobile nutrients from those leaves. Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient and from what I can see, it could be N deficiency in those leaves. It's not a significant concern, though.

Watering: every 3-4 days
Veg: 500cc-750cc
Flowering: week 1 and 2, 1lt.
week 3 1,5 lt.
Water temp: 18-20°
What size pots are you using? Are they plastic? Usually, the recommended amount of water to apply is 20% of the pot size, but I'm not sure if that's true for plastic pots. It's also recommended to let the soil dry between waterings.

The water temperature (64-68℉) seems low.

Sauron420

Sauron420

That might help. I'd like to see pictures of the plants & leaves taken from a downward angle. Yellowing of lower leaves is normal during flowering. It's because the plant is using mobile nutrients from those leaves. Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient and from what I can see, it could be N deficiency in those leaves. It's not a significant concern, though.

What size pots are you using? Are they plastic? Usually, the recommended amount of water to apply is 20% of the pot size, but I'm not sure if that's true for plastic pots. It's also recommended to let the soil dry between waterings.

The water temperature (64-68℉) seems low.

Today it is their turn to be watered, maybe it is a good idea to water only with demineralized water with the PH regulated to rule out any accumulation in the roots? I will upload more photos in a while so that they can be better appreciated. I am using 18 lts plastic pots but not completely full. They have 14 lts of soil, what would be the ideal water temperature?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
what would be the ideal water temperature?
I don't know what's ideal, but I warm the water to about the same temperature as the tent, which is 75-79F or 24-26C.

maybe it is a good idea to water only with demineralized water with the PH regulated to rule out any accumulation in the roots?
Dissolved minerals in water are usually helpful. If they're removed, a deficiency may occur, so some may need to be added later. The main issue with dissolved minerals in the water is not knowing what they are. Water tests can be helpful, when available.

I'm not familiar with the nutrients you're using, so someone else should be providing advice about changing the pH of the water. I grow organically, so pH usually isn't an issue for my style of growing.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Today it is their turn to be watered, maybe it is a good idea to water only with demineralized water with the PH regulated to rule out any accumulation in the roots? I will upload more photos in a while so that they can be better appreciated. I am using 18 lts plastic pots but not completely full. They have 14 lts of soil, what would be the ideal water temperature?
Your using bio grow right it’s organic and you don’t ph organic grows

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
@Sauron420 - It's best not to change many things at once. Doing so makes it difficult to know which change had what result.

Sauron420

Sauron420

Your using bio grow right it’s organic and you don’t ph organic grows

I use Biobizz products to lower the pH of the water, which after mixing all the nutrients remains with a pH of about 7.0. According to the Biobizz table the pH should be between 6.2 and 6.5. Am I doing something wrong?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
No you just don’t need to ph a organic grow
I know confusing they sell ph down/up in thier line up but it’s just to make money from it’s not needed in organic grows
Basically don’t take charts as gospel
Your soil will buffer the ph

Latest posts

Top Bottom