Showing Pistils In Veg?

• Thread starter Gamechanga12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gamechanga12

Hi guys I have ten plants that are in Veg. 24/0 and 4 weeks in veg so far. One of the plants has white pistils growing all through it. Is this a problem? Can I still cut clones from this plant? Why is only this one plant doing it?

Showing pistils in veg

Bannacis

Bannacis

Could be due to the strain... the strain could have some auto flower trait in it from previous parents.
I would still try to take clones, but if its flowering early (on time for its geno) then it might not do you any good.
I had some plants show this, but not as extreme, when I was vegging in 24 hour lights. I switched to 18/6 and never saw it again.

G

Gamechanga12

Could be due to the strain... the strain could have some auto flower trait in it from previous parents.
I would still try to take clones, but if its flowering early (on time for its geno) then it might not do you any good.
I had some plants show this, but not as extreme, when I was vegging in 24 hour lights. I switched to 18/6 and never saw it again.

Can't be auto flower traits because I have same strain different pheno in veg and its not doing that. I know the lineage so I know there not autoflower

G

Gamechanga12

I've had mothers do this when the pot gets too tight. I'll trim off part of the rootball and repot. I also don't use a 24/0 photoperiod, but an interrupted 18/6.

I am not sure how to trim off the rootball. The plant is in a 10 gallon pot. Should I throw it away or wait till I am ready to flower and move her? Could I still cut clones from it or will it always do this?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am not sure how to trim off the rootball. The plant is in a 10 gallon pot. Should I throw it away or wait till I am ready to flower and move her? Could I still cut clones from it or will it always do this?
I depot and then use a big knife to cut away the roots. I'm not sure I understand the other questions, I keep all my pots because they cost money. I don't see why you can't get clones off of her, but expect them to go back into a reveg state for a while. If you keep the mother in the same pot without either uppotting or trimming roots, my experience says she'll continue to throw pistils, but I think others have their mother game more finely tuned than I and may have more better advice.

G

Gamechanga12

I depot and then use a big knife to cut away the roots. I'm not sure I understand the other questions, I keep all my pots because they cost money. I don't see why you can't get clones off of her, but expect them to go back into a reveg state for a while. If you keep the mother in the same pot without either uppotting or trimming roots, my experience says she'll continue to throw pistils, but I think others have their mother game more finely tuned than I and may have more better advice.

What I am asking is this. Right now if I move these two plants into flower in a few weeks will they still grow like normal? Also, I do not keep mother plants I just cut clones when my plant gets big enough then move to flower. So, if I cut clones will it always have the white pistils and if they do will they still grow fine?

shemshemet

shemshemet

That really does look like a genetic problem to me. I have a plant that throws pistils and funky leaves and trichs, but your plant looks like it's flowering.

Just because it's sibling is fine, doesn't mean that plant can't have an auto trait

G

Gamechanga12

That really does look like a genetic problem to me. I have a plant that throws pistils and funky leaves and trichs, but your plant looks like it's flowering.

Just because it's sibling is fine, doesn't mean that plant can't have an auto trait

Should I dispose of her and not cut clones?

Bannacis

Bannacis

I would just finish her out, cut some clones and treat as normal... see if the anomaly occurs again.
Don't let it get root bound or stressed. Seamaiden might have hit it right.
and use 18/6 photo period instead of 24/0

G

Gamechanga12

I would just finish her out, cut some clones and treat as normal... see if the anomaly occurs again.
Don't let it get root bound or stressed. Seamaiden might have hit it right.
and use 18/6 photo period instead of 24/0

Yeah I am going to finish her out and cut clones one time to see if it happens again. My concern is throwing her in flower with my other ladies I was worried it might herm out

shemshemet

shemshemet

@Gamechanga12

Flowering issues are definitely worrysome, but I find herming to be a separate issue to premature flowering.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What I am asking is this. Right now if I move these two plants into flower in a few weeks will they still grow like normal? Also, I do not keep mother plants I just cut clones when my plant gets big enough then move to flower. So, if I cut clones will it always have the white pistils and if they do will they still grow fine?
Ah! Ok. I don't see why you can't do exactly that. Take some cuts now, go ahead and put her on a 12/12.

G

Gamechanga12

Ah! Ok. I don't see why you can't do exactly that. Take some cuts now, go ahead and put her on a 12/12.

Problem is the room for 12/12 wont be ready for another 3 weeks... Would they still be ok to move by then?

Dunge

Dunge

I have a keeper that does this. Pre-flowering throughout veg.
When placed into 12/12 it progresses as normal through bud formation.
I gave one to a friend and it grew like a tree in his greenhouse.
Because of our latitude, it never went to bud.
But it produced so much pre-flower that he reports harvesting quantities of good smoking material from her.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Problem is the room for 12/12 wont be ready for another 3 weeks... Would they still be ok to move by then?
Hmm... can you keep her flowering for that long? Maybe do something kind of like a light deprivation on that one plant? That three weeks is plenty enough time for her to go back into veg is my concern. Hmm.. this isn't something I've done before, I'm really not sure how to advise you or approach the situation.

Bannacis

Bannacis

yeah, that's a tricky fix........
keeper in veg to see what she does? it may revert back to its veg stage, but how long will it take? and what effects will it cause?
stress her to hermie...
maybe cause weird growth that will effect over all quality and quantity.
slow it down and confuse her and she may not finish.

Or do the struggle of light deprive like Seamaiden said.
I would try some way to flower her out. might have to move her around a bit...in veg room for 12 hrs, then put in closet for 12...

Top Bottom