Shroom dust filter or DIY?

• Thread starter tokinupon1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Hey guys have been doing some searching around for a good DIY dust filter and can't find anything good..any suggestions. I've also seen and heard good things about the shrooms and I def trust uni to make one that will never die but there quite pricey. I run tents and currently have a few dust filters ive made myself with some hvac parts and big furnace dust filters but... Running 24hrs and moving alot of cfm they clog up pretty quick. Soil doesn't help much either. So what you guys think bite the bullet and get the shrooms or some links or pics of a cheap alternative?

S

sfzoo

i want a shroom. they look and feel solid and as you've said, uni is the tits. so i think i'm gonna get one.

R

RMCG

Dust Shrooms are really nice. I saw a caked up one (7mo use) that still had nearly the same flow as 'new'.

They (HortiControl) are also coming out with a new prefilter that will replace all manufacturers models(Can, Phresh, etc.) that is supposed to be the shit too.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Ya I think I'm going to use my pre filter off an old can and try and make a new temporary dust catcher till I save up the cash for the shrooms

M

MIway

Dust Shrooms are really nice. I saw a caked up one (7mo use) that still had nearly the same flow as 'new'.

They (HortiControl) are also coming out with a new prefilter that will replace all manufacturers models(Can, Phresh, etc.) that is supposed to be the shit too.

Supposed to be able to wash it & get replacement oil.

phenotyper

phenotyper

How lightproof are the Shrooms? Would I need to make a small trap from my intake to the shroom? I want one, but they are expensive and the cost is hard to justify; especially when I'd ideally want two of them.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

And another question when I put this on, like all other uni filters I've installed will I gain 3-5 horsepower in my hydro hut?

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Bare with me i had some meds and its bed time.....

Today I talk to one of the workers that made Dust Shroom. Guy kinda blew my mind a little as a grower point of view! I also got a 6" dustshroom on the Inside of my Room and hepa on the out. Doing some Testing.

So ever one is wondering What ups with the Oil base? Well it only needed 2-3mos sometimes longer. Owner lives in LasVages area and Socal LA area. You can get basic Uni Cleaner from a dirt bike/off road shop.
(Their is 2 Cans. one is the cleaner. one is to oil...)
However its not friendly if your plants touch that kind of cleaner but it will work. The oil on the dust shroom has few kind of natural oils for pest control. Was like rosemary, ceater tree, few other natural oils i am screwing up on spelling LOL@ME.

With vary high RH% mold is able to grow in the crack of blue hepa filter or the W/V shape filters... When rewashing them/reuseing; the miron on it is not as tight after washing. Also a cfm comparison was done on a 700cfm 8in. and only let 600cfm after the blue hepas.. as we know dust shroom is 0cfm loss...

The way Uni filter work on bike and off road racing sport. Lets only the air the light threw the filter. while the dust keeps caking a better filter layer on the unit.

Now that their is no dust going into air cool reflectors, that you may have never clean or just done mind the 15-20 lost witch if youg getting 1p. 16oz over 20% less now because of the Dirt that got in. 3.2oz all because of dirty lights? Think of if you own 100 lamps and cleaning all them each week from the dirt. That will build up cost of cleaning cims and time!

If your not asking about the Cost of the cleaner kit and oil that dust shroom green stuff or even the local unhealthy uni cleaner from the off road... $20 for both.

Other side thing we cover. was cleaning hoods. I came up with micro fiber cloth and some spray can called Spray away i believe from Costco. The guy from dust shroom said a product in auto car care places. Called Invisable glass and the BEST/FUNNY part; Made by Stoners.

Well no off to get some ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hope this helps
I think i am going to buy these since it seems better for the Lamps and For the plants if useing active air in some dirty place.

Top Bottom