SHXT! Need some knowledge.

• Thread starter Efbespn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So am I good at where im at right now, 36 at 50%?
Yes. You have an Android? You can download "light meter" by my mobile tools dev. This will give you a lux reading not ideal but something for free and better than nothing. 25-30k will be plenty until they recover a bit.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol! I might add all LED threads to my AN boycott?! 🤔
When you get the ability to change intensity and height it makes it a pita. That's why I always recommend that light meter app. It's not a great tool but it sure in the hell is better than nothing. Then all the false wattage etc. The only thing is it doesn't work with blurples... If you go by lux on blurples it will cook en

G

Grimsmurf

That looks more like a magnesium deficiency. Maybe caused by a lockout. I doubt the lights are the issue. What is the rh in your area?

Efbespn

Efbespn

That looks more like a magnesium deficiency. Maybe caused by a lockout. I doubt the lights are the issue. What is the rh in your area?
Screenshot 20191217 042138 Chrome

Anthem

Anthem

The varies information regarding LED's is very confusing because we have so many different claims about watts and equal to in the brand information. The lights this individual mentioned are not the common ones available on the big A. These are a pricey alternate that is described by the manufacturer in factual terms so the light puts out more lumens/light than most are use to seeing for the stuff on the Big A. I would be really surprised if you followed the directions for a nutrients and got any lock out in 1 or 2 feedings. Now yes if you hit them at like 10,000 PPM's you can probably get that effect but the original post said he feed at 70 percent so I doubt there is any Nutrient burn or lock out. This is a matter of the light being too close to the plant and having the watts too high. Give the plants about a week of food and water and you will see new healthy grow. Also take note of the spots that have been burned by the lights, the reason you want to note this is because they will slowly begin to die and the plant will take the movable nutrients out of the leaf and it will either be permanently damaged or it will completely die. You want to note the locations of the burned leaf's because they are going to be there until the end of the plants life and you do not want to take those leaf's into consideration when judging the plants overall health.
The higher end LED's are much more powerful than we realize.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The varies information regarding LED's is very confusing because we have so many different claims about watts and equal to in the brand information. The lights this individual mentioned are not the common ones available on the big A. These are a pricey alternate that is described by the manufacturer in factual terms so the light puts out more lumens/light than most are use to seeing for the stuff on the Big A. I would be really surprised if you followed the directions for a nutrients and got any lock out in 1 or 2 feedings. Now yes if you hit them at like 10,000 PPM's you can probably get that effect but the original post said he feed at 70 percent so I doubt there is any Nutrient burn or lock out. This is a matter of the light being too close to the plant and having the watts too high. Give the plants about a week of food and water and you will see new healthy grow. Also take note of the spots that have been burned by the lights, the reason you want to note this is because they will slowly begin to die and the plant will take the movable nutrients out of the leaf and it will either be permanently damaged or it will completely die. You want to note the locations of the burned leaf's because they are going to be there until the end of the plants life and you do not want to take those leaf's into consideration when judging the plants overall health.
100% correct sir. And +1 on needing to take the efficiency of the light into account LED is not LED some diodes put out far more ppfd than others so wattage is a poor measurement generally speaking. That's why I recommended that app. It's not as accurate as an actual meter but it's free and easily accessible.

Never in my life have a I seen a plant look like that due to a magnesium deficiency. Also magnesium is mobile so it would show up on older growth not the growth directly under the lights.

G

Grimsmurf

100% correct sir. And +1 on needing to take the efficiency of the light into account LED is not LED some diodes put out far more ppfd than others so wattage is a poor measurement generally speaking. That's why I recommended that app. It's not as accurate as an actual meter but it's free and easily accessible.

Never in my life have a I seen a plant look like that due to a magnesium deficiency. Also magnesium is mobile so it would show up on older growth not the growth directly under the lights.
No you're right I got lost on the posts I was responding too. Probably shouldn't do this on the phone while high and distracted. Lol.. zinc deficiency top down yellowing. .I apologize for the misinformation.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No you're right I got lost on the posts I was responding too. Probably shouldn't do this on the phone while high and distracted. Lol.. zinc deficiency top down yellowing. .I apologize for the misinformation.
No need to apologize for trying to help someone. I make mistakes all the time. This community is pretty good about debating reasonably. Without debates we are not learning to our potential as a community... So again I wouldn't apologize for something that someone may learn from.

Efbespn

Efbespn

Thank you for your response. Since the adjustment in height and intensity hoping to see it recover. Ive been very conservative with this grow and its feed so I doubt it's any nute burn or lockout. First water was 70% strength on the Jack's 321 and 33% with recharge on the last one. I've only had two waterings so far.

Efbespn

Efbespn

Over watering possibley slow down with nutes what size are the pots
Pots are 3 and 5 gals airpots. 70%promix 30perlite. I don't think I'm overwatering. Been conservative. Growers always got good intentions when it comes to their plants, but too much love can make you blind and lead to a broken heart. Lmao

Top Bottom