Sick girl needs help please

• Thread starter natedogg102790
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

natedogg102790

I'm a fairly new grower and I'm just concerned that this is either a nutrient deficiency or just stressed out? I'm only starting inside until I get her in the next size up pot then slowly introducing to outside. I only water once the pot feels light, as to not overwater. The top quarter inch of pot I backfilled with organic worm casings. Sprinkled some cinnamon to keep bugs at bay. Because I was concerned about a nutrient deficiency, yesterday I sprinkled a quarter tablespoon of bat guano, bone meal, and watered with water mixed with a little Epsom salt to give the magnesium and help with mineral absorption. Seems to have helped a bit but still concerned..it's 76 degrees so maybe too cool also? I just need some help until I get her outside, plan on reporting after one or two more sets of leaves.

Sick girl needs help please
Sick girl needs help please 2
Sick girl needs help please 3
Sick girl needs help please 4
Sick girl needs help please 5
Sick girl needs help please 6
Sick girl needs help please 7
Sick girl needs help please 8
Sick girl needs help please 9
N

natedogg102790

Man thats a lot of stuff to dump on such a young plant. What type of medium are you using?
I started in a seed starter soil. Because I didn't have proper light she got real leggy, Like 6 inches tall just stretching for light. That's when I repotted her deeper in an organic soil and got my lights. She's been growing for about a month now seemed ok until I really started reading more about growing. 😬

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

With nutrients less is more. Too much and root burn. And while you could possibly flush the you know what out of that soil, transplant into a larger pot and allow the plant to recoup starting over as well would be good.

We all want to pump our plants so full of what they need we over do it and instead we hurt our plants. I'm not the one to ask for grow media and/or soil nutrients but there are a lot of articles posted here that will really help. Dig in, do your homework and chalk this up and a learning experience, just like almost everyone else here😉

N

natedogg102790

It's only my second plant I've ever grown, but I've got a fairly green thumb with everything else so I figured why noottt. I'm sure she will be ok after transplanting..I hope. I'm gonna get some foxfarm ocean floor potting soil and a 10 gallon pot and hope that helps. Then slowly introduce her to outside. I just wanted to get her a little healthier before all that. And ask around if this is like actually a plant killing problem or if I just need to make adjustments to what I'm doing and how to do whatever that is lol

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I'm not sure if the pics are clear enough but the stem is like half reddish? And on a few sets of leafs the top half of the stem of that leaf is red also?
If I understand it soils like FF are ready to grow and may even be too "hot" for young plants so if your plant recovers no nutrients unless the company instructs otherwise and always start half strength or even less😉

N

natedogg102790

If you're going to use Ocean Forest when you transplant, I recommend mixing Happy Frog with it. I do 2 parts Ocean Forest to 1 part Happy Frog. I've used a bunch of different soils, this mix is all I use now when transplanting. I just don't seem to have as many problems, I also don't use a crap ton of nutes.
I start seeds in 100% Happy Frog.
I just ordered the dirt, thank you 🫠 hopefully she'll fall in love with it

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Your plant is hungry. Feed her this in the boosted seedling fertilizer.
I use Musky 5-1-1

Cannabis falls into the hungry plant category. Consider doing this for your plants, they will love it.

Sunasun

Sunasun

I'm a fairly new grower and I'm just concerned that this is either a nutrient deficiency or just stressed out? I'm only starting inside until I get her in the next size up pot then slowly introducing to outside. I only water once the pot feels light, as to not overwater. The top quarter inch of pot I backfilled with organic worm casings. Sprinkled some cinnamon to keep bugs at bay. Because I was concerned about a nutrient deficiency, yesterday I sprinkled a quarter tablespoon of bat guano, bone meal, and watered with water mixed with a little Epsom salt to give the magnesium and help with mineral absorption. Seems to have helped a bit but still concerned..it's 76 degrees so maybe too cool also? I just need some help until I get her outside, plan on reporting after one or two more sets of leaves.
You've acidified your soil. Don't amend as a beginner and it would be wise to use fresh unadulterated soil next run.

Top Bottom