Sick Girl

• Thread starter FenderSuper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FenderSuper

FenderSuper

http://i.invalid.com/D6nnEX4.jpg

What's wrong with this girl? She's a clone from an unknown source. Unknown strain. My wife did not do a good job of tending it (she brought it from a friend but again, no details) She is looking ill, but I'm too much of a newb to really tell. I think I did right, getting her into good soil, good, ph-tested water (48 hours in the bucket, so no chlorine) a pot large enough to hold her until my soil is cooked and the clones go into smartpots. This girl is the only clone I have, to date. When I transplanted, I removed as much of the rockwool as I could without harming the roots. I also snipped off dead leaves. The white on the soil is diatomaceous earth, to mangle critters.

To answer the following mandatory questions:
  • She's outdoors
  • Just started watering, probably every two days until she's stabilized. Wife over-watered.
  • Soil is straight Patio Plus but again, just started. Unknown soil before transplanting...had perlite in it
  • Young vegetative state.
She's a lot better than yesterday, more horizontal to the leaves. Photo was taken an hour ago. They're even more horizontal, now.

So, Bones, what's wrong with her?

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

i see hungry, and got cold. as a noob my self that is where id start.. wait for a third opinion.
just a guess on my part.. good luck.
hope you are doing well today.

chirs.

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

i see hungry, and got cold. as a noob my self that is where id start.. wait for a third opinion.
just a guess on my part.. good luck.
hope you are doing well today.

chirs.
I'm in the Bay Area, lowest temp here has been in the upper 40s. She's as happy as I've ever seen her, right now. She might not yield that much but if I can save her, and even if I cannot, it's a great learning experience with minimal investment.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I'm in the Bay Area, lowest temp here has been in the upper 40s. She's as happy as I've ever seen her, right now. She might not yield that much but if I can save her, and even if I cannot, it's a great learning experience with minimal investment.
What ph? Looks way off

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I like your instagram. Pretty, sexy girls. Better than pr0n. I like the .45, too. Yes, kids, a liberal who knows guns. <gomerpyle>SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!</gomerpyle>
Thanks bud.. ya raise your ph

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Thanks, man!!! My meter is arriving today. Maybe it'll disagree with the litmus paper, which is old

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

It almost looks like it was taken during first couple weeks of flower looking at the top of her.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

if it is revegging its gonna take a good while for it to go back normaly and it's gonna sprout some funky leaves but afterwards it's branch'a'hoy

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

if it is revegging its gonna take a good while for it to go back normaly and it's gonna sprout some funky leaves but afterwards it's branch'a'hoy
I'm a complete novice so, kind sir, please tell me what constitutes "a good while"? No taunt, honestly, I ain't got a clue. So any detail you can give, however trivial it may seem to you, will be a help. One thing I HAVE detected is my litmus paper was old and worthless. My soil ph meter (which does fine in water) told another story. Had to "ph down" the water and three tablespoons of vinegar in four gallons of water that's been out for three days was all it took to re-set the water's PH. The soil in the pot is still too moist so I'll leave her sit overnight (warm day, today, 27C) and see if the extra heat and light (1630 here) will dry out the soil more before the evening cool sets in (which will be late with the offshore flow we have now). In a few days, if she improves, she'll go into a 30-gal fabric pot with Subcool soil in the bottom of the pot (last 2-3 of 10 inches in the bottom) and the remaining seven inches will be unamended Patio Plus.

If she doesn't improve I'll kill her and ditch the soil she was in. Can't contaminate the blessed Afghani. Best strain EVAH!!!

Last edited:
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

it can take anywhere from 3-4 weeks to more depending on strain really. I wouldn't go to crazy with ph if it's soil since the soil life can take care of itself usually. focus on getting some veg nutes if you havne't yet

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

it can take anywhere from 3-4 weeks to more depending on strain really. I wouldn't go to crazy with ph if it's soil since the soil life can take care of itself usually. focus on getting some veg nutes if you havne't yet
Patio Plus has a lot of veg nutes. Should I add more worm castings? Isn't nitrogen what she needs during veg?

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

OK, I let her (and the soil) dry out over the weekend. Today I added a tablespoon of bone meal and a cup of worm shit. I'll give her a few hours in the sun, see how she does. Pix with changes will be posted. Nothing new to post, pix-wise. My sister said Sam needs nitrogen and phosphorous, hence the bone meal and worm shit. I might try some Super Thrive, as well. Joan (not her real name) says she's rescued a lot of plants (not cannabis) with it.

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Progress report: Sam is feeling a little better. She's growing taller and has some new, green leaves. Joan said she thought the way some of the leaves were solid purple, it is a shortage of both nitrogen and phosphorus, so she got bone meal and worm castings (for nitrogen).

As you will see, she doesn't look great, but she looks better and she is growing vertically, as well. If the soil dries out, today, she'll get water with a little SuperThrive in it. Anyone here ever used SuperThrive? Sez it's organic and very little is needed (diluted in water) for it to be effective. SuperThrive will be next up.

Sickgirl2
Top Bottom