Sick of Sativas!

• Thread starter King7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

King7

Is it just me or are others having issues waiting on these sativas to finish? I think they are best outdoors. Early in flowering, they grow like crazy! Late in flower, they seem to crawl to the finish. It seems like they just stretch out those last days clinging to life. Even the trichs seem to be 'stuck' on clear to cloudy with some amber. They damn near look the same 2 weeks ago! The majority of the pistils are brownish orange. Been going since 4/3/9. Thats almost 4 months with about 12 weeks flowering. Is it the pots are to small or something? I've grown in these pot before, with no problems. I think they are like 3.5 gallons or so. I've had plants grow near 6 ft in these pots.! What gives?

K

King7

Yeah, I know. Its also killing me.LOL. Trying to build up my stash so I can have some virtue.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

a good sativa is worth waiting for, i have Legends High End
and most pull it at 10 weeks or so but it doesn't really finish
until 14 weeks. ...and man, do those last weeks make a difference!

so yeah, as the Hash Master has already pointed out, patience
is a virtue that comes with it's own rewards, lol.

B

Beeronymous

if you're growing it just to smoke,wait it out dude.

R

Rocky Top

Sativas are certainly worth the wait. I grow Kali Mist and I let it go 15-16 weeks. The last 2 weeks, the resin production and the bud growth are simply amazing. The best way I have been able to get around the time of waiting is to also have other plants to harvest while you wait on the sativa. One other aspect that will test your patience is the cure for sativas. The longer the cure, the stronger and better tasting buds. The difference in the cure time of a sativa vs a indica is also extremely long.

It seems I can cure a indica or hybrid for a month or so and I am good to go. However, when I allow my Kali to cure for 2-3 months, the fragrance, taste and high is simply off the charts.

The sativa high is one of the reasons I started to gorw my own. Commercial growers don't grow sativas, usually, so if I wanted a properly grown sativa, I had to do it myself. Now that I have several OZ's of Kali Mist that has been cured for a few months, I don't want to smoke anything else. Just hang in there and you will be rewarded. Stay strong and good luck.

K

King7

Nah, I'm a novice caregiver! I got people depending on me. I'm giving it away! Its a labor of love. I'm breaking the law treat people who choose mj to self-medicate. People with a lot of health issues and little money. These people don't have access to mj at all and its all that works for most.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Nah, I'm a novice caregiver! I got people depending on me. I'm giving it away! Its a labor of love. I'm breaking the law treat people who choose mj to self-medicate. People with a lot of health issues and little money. These people don't have access to mj at all and its all that works for most.

right on bro, God bless you!

and Rocky Top is right, it's worth the wait!

K

King7

Thanks guys! I'm just getting old and soft!LOL. I think compassion comes with age. I think I realized how blessed I have been and I began to feel embarrassed by being in a position to help, but wasn't. I'm just a conduit...Anything i've learned,experinced, or other wise...it doesn't stop with me and die! I give them new life by sharing with others. I just wish I had more to give. Don't get me wrong though; I didn't start off this way...I was a 'hoarder'! Master of all i survey! Mine, mine all mine. Now, all I truly own is inside of me! Thoughts, feelings, how I express myself....I'm taking the value out of stuff thats historical been over-valued! Now if some one could give me more patience! LOL

Z

zoochory

Some strains seems to never go amber like others.

A true sativa takes 15+ to mature.

Latest posts

Top Bottom