Sick or normal, a noob needs knowledge

• Thread starter Toohighmyguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Well here's my little young ladies.
Sick or normal a noob needs knowledge
(say hi girls). A couple of close ups of the ladies.
Sick or normal a noob needs knowledge 2
Sick or normal a noob needs knowledge 3
I apologize if the pictures aren't up to par. But if anyone has any questions or opinions about any of this post. Please comment. Trying to get a little education from all the like minded people. So this is what I have going on. Can't tell if there a nutrient or over watering problem. These leaves come from the lower parts of the ladies.
Sick or normal a noob needs knowledge 4
I guess the first question would be do these leaves seem normal? The reason I ask this question is I know to a certain extent leaves do curl up and die, but does it appear to be excessive. I'm trying to make sense of understanding this wonderful plant. Here goes a couple of close ups of these leaves.
Sick or normal a noob needs knowledge 5
Sick or normal a noob needs knowledge 6
Sick or normal a noob needs knowledge 7
Here's the part that really got me confused. These next two pictures show a brown/black tip on my leaves that are pretty much on all leaves. Some though appear yellowing.
Sick or normal a noob needs knowledge 8
Sick or normal a noob needs knowledge 9
So as an uneducated provider, does it seem I'm overreacting a bit. Everybody or anybody please send me some knowledge and good vibes. Hope this is a comprehensible. Questions, comments, and advise is greatly appreciated.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Well here's my little young ladies.View attachment 1254581(say hi girls). A couple of close ups of the ladies.View attachment 1254587View attachment 1254588I apologize if the pictures aren't up to par. But if anyone has any questions or opinions about any of this post. Please comment. Trying to get a little education from all the like minded people. So this is what I have going on. Can't tell if there a nutrient or over watering problem. These leaves come from the lower parts of the ladies.View attachment 1254591I guess the first question would be do these leaves seem normal? The reason I ask this question is I know to a certain extent leaves do curl up and die, but does it appear to be excessive. I'm trying to make sense of understanding this wonderful plant. Here goes a couple of close ups of these leaves.View attachment 1254595View attachment 1254596View attachment 1254598Here's the part that really got me confused. These next two pictures show a brown/black tip on my leaves that are pretty much on all leaves. Some though appear yellowing.View attachment 1254599View attachment 1254600So as an uneducated provider, does it seem I'm overreacting a bit. Everybody or anybody please send me some knowledge and good vibes. Hope this is a comprehensible. Questions, comments, and advise is greatly appreciated.
I would say your are running a bit high in ferts especially nitrogen,I would run str8 water till the green backs off and the leaf fall off is nothing to worry about.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

I would say your are running a bit high in ferts especially nitrogen,I would run str8 water till the green backs off and the leaf fall off is nothing to worry about.
Thank you kind gentleman. That was one of my top two choices. Mites where the other. I have strip searched them a couldn't locate bugs. Would you happen to know if to much fert. Could cause Pistils to die off and the catylist to stop enlarging like this
IMG 20220609 115315
Once again thank you. Nothing but good vibes.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

NP. If you had mites you would know it quickly,within a week or 2 they do some rela visible damage. Pistals usually fall off when the calyx is swelled to it's max size ,they will get big and look like there is a seed in it and thats what you want but I don't ripen them to the point where they fall off as it degrades the effects. The point your earlier pics are at is when they need pottasium and phosphorous and little nitrogen and they seem to have more than enough nitrogen stored in the leaves because they are so green. You will get fuller buds with less N. Some people use a 3 part mix so they can drop most of the N. Ph neutral your water and see what happens. You want them to die on their own the last few weeks.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those leaves you pulled off definitely look like there's a potassium-related problem. Too much nitrogen can cause it, if you over did it on N.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

NP. If you had mites you would know it quickly,within a week or 2 they do some rela visible damage. Pistals usually fall off when the calyx is swelled to it's max size ,they will get big and look like there is a seed in it and thats what you want but I don't ripen them to the point where they fall off as it degrades the effects. The point your earlier pics are at is when they need pottasium and phosphorous and little nitrogen and they seem to have more than enough nitrogen stored in the leaves because they are so green. You will get fuller buds with less N. Some people use a 3 part mix so they can drop most of the N. Ph neutral your water and see what happens. You want them to die on their own the last few weeks.
Thank you for your insights. This is only my third grow. I agree with everything you say. I just never seen a plant start to flower. Then all pistils die off with catylist not growing and no thc accumulation. What's even wierder after flushing I got one strain to start swelling and putting out pistils again. Just trying to get dailed in.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Thank you for your insights. This is only my third grow. I agree with everything you say. I just never seen a plant start to flower. Then all pistils die off with catylist not growing and no thc accumulation. What's even wierder after flushing I got one strain to start swelling and putting out pistils again. Just trying to get dailed in.
The plant will continue to produce pistils unless fertilized until the end of life hoping to get pollinated. Your thc accumulation is a matter of genetics as well, good strains will get you fried even if the grow isn't up to par.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Those leaves you pulled off definitely look like there's a potassium-related problem. Too much nitrogen can cause it, if you over did it on N.
Thank you my good man. I have started to believe I had a nitrogen issue. But being a noob I'm slowly learning.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Your welcome, remember the more mistakes you make teething the better you will get over time. Every grow is a learning experience,don't sweat it.just move on and don't worry about it.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

The plant will continue to produce pistils unless fertilized until the end of life hoping to get pollinated. Your thc accumulation is a matter of genetics as well, good strains will get you fried even if the grow isn't up to par.
But that's my problem. Would every single pistol on the plant dry up if pollenated? And I mean everyone. It's funny though after flushing I got one strain to snap out of it. But let me show you an example.
IMG 20220609 115315
And let me show you the strain that's rebounding.
IMG 20220617 084824
Appreciate all the knowledge you provide. Nothing but good vibes.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

But that's my problem. Would every single pistol on the plant dry up if pollenated? And I mean everyone. It's funny though after flushing I got one strain to snap out of it. But let me show you an example.View attachment 1254613And let me show you the strain that's rebounding.View attachment 1254614Appreciate all the knowledge you provide. Nothing but good vibes.
Yes if pollinated the pistils no longer serve a purpose for that calyx and will dry up.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Yes if pollinated the pistils no longer serve a purpose for that calyx and will dry up.
So my question is, it possible to be 100 percent pollinated? This is what I'm trying to understand. I know theoretically it can happen. But is it in a parameter of reality to happen?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

So my question is, it possible to be 100 percent pollinated? This is what I'm trying to understand. I know theoretically it can happen. But is it in a parameter of reality to happen?
Probably not under normal conditions as some new calyxs will grow after pollination too and if it rains then a lot of pollen will die and the female will again go into heat,like if it's an early pollination and the female has not gone to full bloom,the plant wants to make as many seeds as possible because in nature a small % will grow to reproduce and keep the line going.

Top Bottom