Sick plant any ideas???

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Went down to check on them and found one plants looks very sick and another is going the same.

Using Canna Aqua ph 6.2 ppm 320 temp 67

The plants on each side are fine.

Sick plant any ideas

Sick plant any ideas 2

Sick plant any ideas 3

Sick plant any ideas 4

Sick plant any ideas 5

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Remember, I've never and don't grow anything that could be considered full hydro (coco and perlite in a hempy application, along with organic soil are my gig), BUT! Every time I've seen that either the plant has been girdled and the wilting will progress to death, or something happened to a section of the root mass that feeds that part of the plant, or something happened lower down on the main stalk that feeds those sections of plants.

Remember, the xylem (very exterior 'bark' of the plant's stalks) is where all circulation occurs. When that has been violated circulation is cut off completely, thusly, stops. It can be like cutting an artery.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would have no idea how that's done in a UC system, my first thought would be to pull them, check them top to bottom thoroughly, focusing on the roots since it is a UC and they're so easy to see (ain't like pulling something out of a 30gal pot), and then if he can find something he may have to treat all equally. Unless he does like fish-geeks do and has a quarantine "tank" that he can remove the affected plants to.

How would you handle it, what would be your first thoughts seeing something like that?

I have bugs in my eyes, I keep going through those pictures and thinking, "root aphids." :worried

M

MediMary

well, if you wanna seperate them, just disconnect the airline at the manifold, pick up the black lid a little bit and roate 90 degrees, slide the air tube out the whole.

Pick up the whole UC lid, and just set on top of a 5 gallon bucket, throw an air stone in the bucket. would be an easy way to sepeate them... I have been vegging my plants n bubble buckets(non recirculating), and am going to put to flower in the UC, so ill just pick them up and set them in...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I didn't see this thread, did you?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I didn't see this thread, did you?

In that thread I was worried about root rot because of the brown color but turns out it was because I lower the water. I soft of mentioned the sick plant but no one said anything about that.

I re-check my meters and they are spot on and I moved the lights up, I looked at the roots again and they look fine in both plants that are sick. The roots smell great and no slime or anything growing on them, looked with a 10x loop and nothing. No bugs and not damaged anywhere. I'm going to go get my microscopes from the other residence and bring them back and have a look.

R

Randyb

Mine started to yellow -brown crisp up within a few days of using the system. Maybe try to flush out some nutes and bring the PPM down to 200 or so for a while.

I have lost 9 out of 12 plants do to algae and being root bound in the 8 gallon buckets. Way to much roots for the size bucket. I see they have a new system using about 30 gallon buckets. Thats more like it i think...

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Well not sure what to do so I hit them with H2o2 and raised the water level a bit, upped the food to 400 as I am flipping tomorrow. I turned 2 lights out and put another humidifier in there running full out. Roots smell nice and are not slimy and don't brake easy. I got my microscope here now so will have a look. Will post pics shortly. Hummmmmmm

Yes I am cross posting this as I did not spend 7k to go quietly into the UC Fail club.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Could this be an outgassing situation...??? Sorry, since no one else has piped up here I'm just throwing out an idea here because it popped into my head.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I use well water and an ro system. It looks like my bad on the problems, the humitity droped below 30% and the lights were a little to close. I was away for 36 hours. Anyhow looks like it's fixed if you want details click on my sig link.

Peace and thanks everyone

Seamaiden thank you for your advise, it was your first post on anothe post of mine that got me thinking.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I have bugs in my eyes, I keep going through those pictures and thinking, "root aphids." :worried

LOL, remember accusing someone of the same thing? rofl, you are the best, Seamaiden.

Smartpots: $6.99 ea.
Organic Soil: $16 / bag
Grow light: $275
Getting solid advice from SeaMaiden @ the Farm: PRICELESS

If you're growing all the same strain and the other plants are unaffected, it's definitely a root issue. For your sake, I hope the damage is physical, not viral or fungal. Check the rooooooooooooooots... Peace

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

My bad I was killing my plants dumb ass me. Click on my sig to see the soloution to what was killing them

and thanks for the help

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

A little out of context if you don't read his first post and the rest of the post your quoting

I would have no idea how that's done in a UC system, my first thought would be to pull them, check them top to bottom thoroughly, focusing on the roots since it is a UC and they're so easy to see (ain't like pulling something out of a 30gal pot), and then if he can find something he may have to treat all equally. Unless he does like fish-geeks do and has a quarantine "tank" that he can remove the affected plants to.

That's good advice and I was able to rule out roots first than after putting my thinking cap on fingered it out with everyone help, great community, even the joKers LOL

LOL, remember accusing someone of the same thing? rofl, you are the best, Seamaiden.

Smartpots: $6.99 ea.
Organic Soil: $16 / bag
Grow light: $275
Getting solid advice from SeaMaiden @ the Farm: PRICELESS

If you're growing all the same strain and the other plants are unaffected, it's definitely a root issue. For your sake, I hope the damage is physical, not viral or fungal. Check the rooooooooooooooots... Peace

Ckick on the signature and you will see your wrong but also late to the problem with a soloution, but thanks for your efforts and the laugh.

:character0029:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Reading it now.... very happy you've gotten the problem solved, though I'm not sure how I helped. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom