Sick plant with crinkled leaves and yellowing

• Thread starter BobbyReign
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BobbyReign

Hello everyone,
Obviously I'm new here and have a question. I moved my plant to my hydropomics system 2 days ago and this AM it looks like this. What are the causes of this. Forgive me for my ignorance, still have so much to learn and would love to some feedback.

It's a 80x80 tent, 18/6 light cycle, I did use tap water to start, the TDS is super low at 50 and do plan to switch to RODI once my system arrives on Wednesday

Sick plant with crinkled leaves and yellowing
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you should get some replies soon,..
i’m not a hydroponic grower,.

T

TMctoast

Hello everyone,
Obviously I'm new here and have a question. I moved my plant to my hydropomics system 2 days ago and this AM it looks like this. What are the causes of this. Forgive me for my ignorance, still have so much to learn and would love to some feedback.

It's a 80x80 tent, 18/6 light cycle, I did use tap water to start, the TDS is super low at 50 and do plan to switch to RODI once my system arrives on Wednesday
so I'm new here as well but what I've been learning is my tap water is

T

TMctoast

So Im relativeley new to hydroponics as I screwed up my first plant by thinking i could set it and forget it, boy i learned a lot.
Basically my tap water comes in around 8 basic on PH scale, so before I do anything now i get the tap water to around 6.0 neutral,
Also i just learned by trying to kill my second plant that you need to bring the water temparature up to 67 to 72 degrees before mixing the neutrients and plopping my plant into cold water.
I shocked my plant and clogged the roots with too many particles On the (TDS) scale and high basic PH.
I reccomend getting a general hydroponics ph control kit as I think your plant is PH Acidic from the discoloring.
I now mix my 5 gallon bucket at 70 degrees using fish tank drop in thermometer and a pump to allow mixing,
Do this every 7 to 10 days and just swap out the lid from old tank to new.

20240428 062707
Top Bottom