Sick plants, anyone know whats up

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Got 8 plants looking a bit sick
Red stem, dry feeling leaves , some sorta twisting going in, show some deficciancysa bit.

Coco & led
4x240w led over 8 plants 70cm away
Tap water 80ppm = 0.2e.c
Nutranits snoop dog for soft water, was being fed 1.0 then 1 feed 1.2 out was 1.0, Yetqrdsy fed 1.4 out 1.0/1.2
Ph in 5.8-6.0 ph wond may be broke buying a new one later today

Room temps 80-82 th 50-65%
If been working for 50-60 but 1 hour ago tuend that up to 60-70
The are still in veg.

Iv tried coco on and off a few tiems now and always the same problems, if i use soil or virgin peat i dont get these problems

Anyone know what's going on ?

And I'm stating to think reading run off in these auto pots is not accurit they have a cloth mesh at the bottom of the pots then 2 inch of perlite then the medium 50/50 coco and perlite mix got a fdling the 2 inch perlite and cloth at the bttom on the pots may be filtering the run off so it's readings lower than it actually is?

Sick plants anyone know whats up
Sick plants anyone know whats up 2
Sick plants anyone know whats up 3
Sick plants anyone know whats up 4
Sick plants anyone know whats up 5
Sick plants anyone know whats up 6
Sick plants anyone know whats up 7
Sick plants anyone know whats up 8
Sick plants anyone know whats up 9
Sick plants anyone know whats up 10
Sick plants anyone know whats up 11
Sick plants anyone know whats up 12
Sick plants anyone know whats up 13
Sick plants anyone know whats up 14
Sick plants anyone know whats up 15
Sick plants anyone know whats up 16
Sick plants anyone know whats up 17
Sick plants anyone know whats up 18
Sick plants anyone know whats up 19
Sick plants anyone know whats up 20
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You may need to dim your light a little bit.

I could be totally wrong about this, but I'm seeing upturned leaf edges and it also looks like the symptom (which looks a little like Mg deficiency, but not quite) seems not to affect leaves that are being shaded.

To reiterate, I'm not sure I've identified the problem. Wait for additional responses, but dimming the light or raising it a little certainly won't hurt anything.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I did think lights but my 2 grows in the past 2 of them 1 soil be peat didn't do this. Coco always does it tho when I has it, light is 70cm away I don't want to dim it as the room get a but cold then, may raise it layer on and see

Z

Zill

Ph,

Is that slight leaf yellowing throughout the entire plant or only in the upper younger leaves? From my desk it looks systemic to me. Lighting intensity and quality can be easily verified. I admire you guys growing with artificial (man made) soil. It’s not easy. Could be light or could be manganese and / or magnesium. Actually see a fair amount of growers complaining about these type symptoms.

The one thing under you control that can really affect magnesium availability is pH. To low NG. Too high NFG.

I’m a big fan of resetting calculators back to zero. Consider flushing your pots with a lot of water. Then go back and add fresh fertilizer, micro, macro and check pH. I am not a believer in flushing prior to harvest. This is different.

Zill.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Ph,

Is that slight leaf yellowing throughout the entire plant or only in the upper younger leaves? From my desk it looks systemic to me. Lighting intensity and quality can be easily verified. I admire you guys growing with artificial (man made) soil. It’s not easy. Could be light or could be manganese and / or magnesium. Actually see a fair amount of growers complaining about these type symptoms.

The one thing under you control that can really affect magnesium availability is pH. To low NG. Too high NFG.

I’m a big fan of resetting calculators back to zero. Consider flushing your pots with a lot of water. Then go back and add fresh fertilizer, micro, macro and check pH. I am not a believer in flushing prior to harvest. This is different.

Zill.
I get coco hoping get more yield lol, always does this to me, I'm pritty sure it's calmag but yet to be scale to grow I coco without getting it, soil and peat same conditions and lights don't happen to me they groe and look fine, this man make shit ain't happening for me again!

I was on snoop dog nutrniats or soft water works good in soil and peat.
It got canna coco nutrniats here I'm about to gut them with them ,
And calmag

My top water is very soft 80ppm =0.2e.c and has cal or mag atall in it.
So I'm gonna add canna coco feed to my 80ppm tap water till I get 0.7e.c then im gonna add 0.4e.c of Calmag and see what that does, so the got dull does of cal and 0.7e.c feed gonna see what that does

Ph 007

Ph 007

Lights been in 8 hours this is them now about to water soon with that 0.7 canna feed and 0.4 calmag

20221013 171512
20221013 171508
20221013 171750
20221013 171758
20221013 171754
20221013 171524
20221013 171520
20221013 171532
20221013 171503
20221013 171801
Ph 007

Ph 007

On 5.8-6.0 I got a new Ph pen and the ph manual test to double check

Z

Zill

pH - Not so bad. Pop it a tad higher, but it’s tough to dial in.

Try this
Mix about 1/2 teaspoon of Epsom salts in a 16 oz. hand held plastic bottle sprayer. The amounts are not critical, I don’t want you to burn your leaves. Spray the leaves. In a day or two check back to see if the light inter veinal chlorosis has darkened, green. Spray one plant and not another for comparison. If so, you need Mg.

Zill.

ProfessorB88

ProfessorB88

Looks like a little bit of light bleaching to me personally.. however their is no harm in giving them a foliar feed of calmag about 10 mins before lights out it will correct a deficiency faster than it will take the autopot… and let your ph wonder I’m a pure hydro grower I like to leave my phs wonder from 5.6-6.4 to allow your girls to take up all the nutrition they need at different ph points.. hope this helps you 👍🏻

DaWizzard

DaWizzard

I had plants look like that a few months back. Upped the amount I was feeding and everything went back to looking normal. Mine just ended up being a strain that needed way more food than I was used to. Not sure if that is what your issue is but mine looked a lot like that. Now I keep upping the feed amount until I get burned tips on the leaves then back off a bit and feed that.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I had plants look like that a few months back. Upped the amount I was feeding and everything went back to looking normal. Mine just ended up being a strain that needed way more food than I was used to. Not sure if that is what your issue is but mine looked a lot like that. Now I keep upping the feed amount until I get burned tips on the leaves then back off a bit and feed that.
Maybe be that my run off was lower than in on 2 feeds, in was 1.4 out was 1.2 , it sure if it's the coco taking the calmag or just need more feed

I fed yetaedsy my snoop dog soft water nutranits at 1.0e.c with 0.4e.c of Calmag so the got fed that 1.4
Today it much difference
Maybe drop the cal and just feed as snoop dog chart days that 1.7e.c
if been through all this mamy tines with coco as a let seeing this will remember

Top Bottom