Sick plants root aphids

• Thread starter jibs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
quirk

quirk

i hope i dont have to deal with pests

Ditto. Pests are opportunistic and don't associate healthy plants and a clean grow environment with an easy meal and a place to stay. This is your responsibility.

FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

Adonis 75 and beneficial nematodes saved my crop last year. Rid me of root aphids. Continue applying nematodes about once every 3-4 weeks and you should be straight.

Thrive1

Thrive1

What makes you think it's root aphids? You can try using Neen Seed Meal (also called neem cake). 5lb box from from Down to Earth is ~ $20. Add the meal to a bucket of water and let it sit for a couple days and then use as a soil drench. It's super safe to use, but you may need to cut back on your regular fertilizer as it is also a fertilizer.
Crown 255 and all your worry’s will become only a bad nightmare

Greenersideoflife

Greenersideoflife

Definitely RA. Light ones are youngins. They get darker as they age, then grow wings to find more nutrients once the root system is depleted. That being said merit 75 (use only on early veg) and botanigard (can be used throughout your cycle) for maintenance. Also some prayers. The damage caused by root aphids looks like a magnesium deficiency with a dash of leaf spot. If your in early flower chop it and clean house

jibs

jibs

Definitely RA. Light ones are youngins. They get darker as they age, then grow wings to find more nutrients once the root system is depleted. That being said merit 75 (use only on early veg) and botanigard (can be used throughout your cycle) for maintenance. Also some prayers. The damage caused by root aphids looks like a magnesium deficiency with a dash of leaf spot. If your in early flower chop it and clean house

jibs

jibs

Right on yeah I ended up taking a huge loss and decided to start over I did the botanigard but I think it was too late so now with my new ones I’m gonna start with botanigard with my new ones what do you recommend per gallon also I sprayed the whole room painted it What do you recommend cleaning lights with

jibs

jibs

Adonis 75 and beneficial nematodes saved my crop last year. Rid me of root aphids. Continue applying nematodes about once every 3-4 weeks and you should be straight.
Can you use nematodes with plagron And canna a&b?

Greenersideoflife

Greenersideoflife

jibs

jibs

And thank you for your response I appreciate you

Greenersideoflife

Greenersideoflife

Thank you
would you say botanigard for a preventative if there’s not a problem ?
Yeah botanigard is a good preventative. Easy on the plants too unlike some of the other organic pesticides when drenching. Its important to stay consistent with that since root aphids eggs can stay dormant for a long time.

jibs

jibs

Yeah botanigard is a good preventative. Easy on the plants too unlike some of the other organic pesticides when drenching. Its important to stay consistent with that since root aphids eggs can stay dormant for a long time.
Ok great thank you I did 2 table spoons per gal not sure if that was right

Greenersideoflife

Greenersideoflife

Ok great thank you I did 2 table spoons per gal not sure if that was right
I would have done one tablespoon per gallon at most. But I'm sure its fine. Next watering give your roots a bath. Add some Sensizym and B-52 to your feed. Root Aphids make your plants really susceptible to diseases even after you kill them off.

Top Bottom