Sick plants?

• Thread starter Limster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Limster

Limster

I’m in week 6 of my auto grow. The seed
Is critical Purp, a indica dominant strand. During week 5 the plant seemed to be at a good place to start giving it Nutes. I waited for my plant to become thirsty and feed it PH’d water and it’s first dose of feeding. Everything seemed fine and the plant seemed to be very happy. Fast forward a week in a half and now the plant looks like it is suffering from heat burn. Despite the grow room consistently being at 85 degrees Fahrenheit for most of the grow, this is the first sign I’ve seen of a heat problem. I am using an LED light and have it around the distance the manufacturer recommended. I have lowered the temperature in the room to about 79 degrees as well. Lastly, I felt as if the burn could of been because of the nutrients I feed it, so I flushed the Plant and am letting it be for a few days now. The plants have the lights on 24 hours a day and are being grown in coco medium. Pictures of the plant are attached, please let me know any advice, and how the plant looks for this is my first grow. Thank you.

PS. I just took the plant out from under the SCROG net in order to try to test the run off. Could not get enough run off for an accurate test though. I believe the leaves are looking a little droopy due to the flush.

Sick plants
Sick plants 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
85 is too hot, keep it in high 70’s.
try a photo without the purple light, nice and clear.
than people can see better and help you out.

Limster

Limster

Current temperature is 79 and has been all day. Pictures with flash added! @GNick55

B9AB15C3 37E5 423A 9B40 36569AEE7833
4D246160 FA7B 4649 888A B4A4B6926AC6
84091BBB 3EE8 426D 9044 5A56016A7D36
Limster

Limster

I have a bit of a tremor so its hard to get super clear pics, I apologize

FBFE16AE 56C3 406D AB41 3E25B2556110
Anthem

Anthem

85 is too hot, keep it in high 70’s.
try a photo without the purple light, nice and clear.
than people can see better and help you out.
85 is pushing it, but he is under LED. LED's need high temps because the light does not heat up the leaf surface. I try to run with LED's at 82 with lights on. Lights off I try to stay around 14 degrees lower and I push it the last couple weeks to bring out the purples.

Anthem

Anthem

those leaf edges curling up is from heat or light stress
I had to take another look, not sure I totally understand what is happening. You can see the edges of the leaves curling up but at the same time the whole leaf is reaching for the light. I have only been able to get light burn under Burples in veg and the leaves where touching the light.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
curling leaves are at the top of plant ones lower are fine, so maybe light or heat stress?

Limster

Limster

Any recommendations on what to do now. Should I hold off on nutes? Maybe dilute them? Besides the stress that we can identify, does the plat itself look healthy?

Limster

Limster

I also don’t want to try to lollipop at this stage because the plant looks like it’s in stress and I feel as if that will result in poor yields.

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Raise your light a bit...sorry I'm not familiar with autos, so I don't know if you can, but I'd drop the schedule to 20/4 as well...she looks like she needs a break...

Limster

Limster

Raise your light a bit...sorry I'm not familiar with autos, so I don't know if you can, but I'd drop the schedule to 20/4 as well...she looks like she needs a break...
i feel like with light burn it affects the color of the leaves, the plants color doesn’t look too off but the curling is the most concerning. Can this happen via too much much Nutes? Temp has been Fluctuating between 75-79 ish for about 24 hours. Leaves don’t look better yet. Is the plant at risk of dying or creating airy nugs because of this? Thanks for everyone’s help

B5D09C94 D0A3 440B B457 97575E309A55
5C592DFD 349B 4049 8ABA E21606FD6BF1
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
personally, put the lights on a timer for 18 hours on and 6 hours off.
plants need darkness!
than watch daily after a week she should be better off.
we are all here to help, just post the issue.

Limster

Limster

So I have been carefully monitoring my plants after the curling in the leaves. I was feeding it 2 ml of cal mag, 2ml of micro 1 ml of grow and 2ml of bloom per gallon. Today I realized a few tips of the leaves turned browned. This reassured me that my problem was due to the nutes. Today, 3 days later, is my first time watering the plant since the whole fiasco. I mixed my pre made gallon solution of nutes with some already PH’d water in order to dilute the nutrients and gave it a light feeding and watering. It seems my plant is very fragile when it comes to nutes. With this being said, I’m curious how hard it is to kill a plant with too much nutes. Should I stop feeding it and only use PH water? Anyone have other dosages I should try to use besides the amount I am already using?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

personally, put the lights on a timer for 18 hours on and 6 hours off.
plants need darkness!
than watch daily after a week she should be better off.
we are all here to help, just post the issue.
I would do everything Nick has said, those Leaf edges are not going to change they're probably going to turn brown and die eventually, nothing you can do about that now

don't lollipop it the plant doesn't have many leaves as it is, just leave it alone let it grow

I don't believe that the small amount of newts you're feeding is doing that; if that were my plants I would check and post the ph and the PPM of what you're feeding, tell us what your medium is and I highly recommend you search, do and post the results from a slurry test

edit: Jim and I posted at the same time but those 2 issues are also what I believe is going on

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
To me, it looks like a combination of too high of temps, plus the beginnings of nute burn/lockout. Leaves canoe or taco upwards when they are too hot, but the bending of the tips is wht I usually associate with nute burn. Raise the lights a little and go esy on the nutes... does your soil already have nutes in it? If not, I would give it a watering or two with just plain water, maybe a flush. Do you need to use Cal-Mag? Too much can cause Ph and lockout issues... especially if you aren't using RO or distilled water... tap water usually contains plenty of minerals and CalMag isn't needed, although everyone seems to treat Cal-Mag like an essential ingredient instead of a supplement to replace missing minerals.

Limster

Limster

@Jimster my soil is 70% coco and 30% perlite. I am using tap so looks like I should stop with the Cal Mag. I just gave me plants a little nutes and hour ago, should I still flush? Or should I wait for it to dry up and only use PH water.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I would find out what your ingoing and outgoing Ph are. Once you have that determined, you can decide on a plan of action. A PPM reading of the outflow would determine if you have too much nutes and the Ph test will give you an idea of the lockout possibility.. the Calcium in Cal-Mag can raise your Ph. Once it goes much above 7, magnesium can no longer be taken up by the plants... so Ph OR nutes can interact to cause you problems. As long as you drain well, a flush won't hurt, but I would wait for the PPM readings first to keep from chasing non existent problems. What is your water's Ph before you add anything? Unless your water is pretty lousy, water doesn't need PH'd.

Limster

Limster

My regular water is around 7.5 ph. I bring it down to about 6Ph. In order to get a ppm reading, won’t I have to to flush so I can get run off to test? Again it’s my first grow, so learning as I go.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My regular water is around 7.5 ph. I bring it down to about 6Ph. In order to get a ppm reading, won’t I have to to flush so I can get run off to test? Again it’s my first grow, so learning as I go.

7.5 pH will work just fine without adjusting its pH

Latest posts

Top Bottom