Sickly Leaves - General Update on grow. Need Help!!

• Thread starter Zebuling
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zebuling

Hey guys, I've been slacking on updating a grow diary but i have one at home where im logging everything and will post the progress once i get time, however. my plants will be starting their fifth week from sprouting tomorrow(saturday the 25th)

All my plants are looking and doing great as i will show in the pictures below, however i have one plant that seems to have a ph issue.
- 4 plants in FF Bush Dr. Coco Loco (1gal Pots)
- 3 plants in Pro Mix Hp ( 5 gal pots)

How are my plants looking for their age, any advice?
The one plant in the middle look to have a ph imbalance, is this a ph problem or something different?
I Ph my water to 6.5-6.6 every time i water, all plants get watered from the same bucket.
Checked the runoff of the plant and it was around 6.35. Not to shabby so i put in 6.65 into him to try and boost her soil ph but nothing has been working, although the new nodes are looking healthy and he's growing healthy, i will be planning on topping most of the plants very soon including him.
Sickly leaves   general update on grow  need help
Sickly leaves   general update on grow  need help 2
Sickly leaves   general update on grow  need help 3
Sickly leaves   general update on grow  need help 4
Sickly leaves   general update on grow  need help 4
Sickly leaves   general update on grow  need help 3
Sickly leaves   general update on grow  need help 2
Sickly leaves   general update on grow  need help

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They look healthy, but a little small for their age — probably because they'd like more light.

I don't know what the issue is with that one plant, but I don't think it's pH fluctuation. I don't see any sign the pH is off, either.

Z

Zebuling

They look healthy, but a little small for their age — probably because they'd like more light.

I don't know what the issue is with that one plant, but I don't think it's pH fluctuation. I don't see any sign the pH is off, either.
yeah its really a mystery to me right now, hoping someone here has had similar issues, maybe its a strain mutation or something im not sure lol.
Also you mention more light, so the first 4 weeks of these girls lives i had just one of those lights in there on them, a week ago i added the second light to get into the 240w zone with them, hopefully it didn't effect them to much, as they have been vigorously growing since i added the second.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
maybe its a strain mutation or something
Remember when you were a child you got several diseases like 'rubella' or 'measles'? young sprouts suffer from similar pathogens, these come already in the seed. Only tissue culture and clinically sterile environments can protect against it.
Most plants undergo through these phases without apparent symptoms but some throw temporarily these pigment distortions or fancy leaves and it's usually called "a mutation".
Usually it goes away after the first weeks, once the plant grows stronger but a real mutation would stay as each node is a copy of its predecessor.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah looks kinda like possible variegation to me. Sometimes it goes away if thats the case. Stress can bring it out more.

Whats your temp humidity? Kinda looks a bit dry and warm.

Distance from the lights and what wattage are they each?

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Hmmm??? I have never had them, though I always keep a close look on my leaves for problems. I am wondering if these might be "Leaf Miners" …but, not sure. Seems like many of the leaves are affected...This might help you identify if it is or not...

Z

Zebuling

Remember when you were a child you got several diseases like 'rubella' or 'measles'? young sprouts suffer from similar pathogens, these come already in the seed. Only tissue culture and clinically sterile environments can protect against it.
Most plants undergo through these phases without apparent symptoms but some throw temporarily these pigment distortions or fancy leaves and it's usually called "a mutation".
Usually it goes away after the first weeks, once the plant grows stronger but a real mutation would stay as each node is a copy of its predecessor.
wow very interesting i was not well aware of these different pathogens and will get to reading tonight to further educate myself for future grows.
thank you very much for helping me out, also what is that one gallon challenge about haha?

Z

Zebuling

Hmmm??? I have never had them, though I always keep a close look on my leaves for problems. I am wondering if these might be "Leaf Miners" …but, not sure. Seems like many of the leaves are affected...This might help you identify if it is or not...

Hey this is very interesting, seems like these miners are leaving maze paths throughout the leaf, although the do look similar i don't think i have them, my leaves are all there with no paths just really missing the green pigment in them haha.
i will keep a good eye out for these miners though, can already imagine how annoying they must be.

Z

Zebuling

Yeah looks kinda like possible variegation to me. Sometimes it goes away if thats the case. Stress can bring it out more.

Whats your temp humidity? Kinda looks a bit dry and warm.

Distance from the lights and what wattage are they each

Hey thanks for checking up,
i try to keep my humidity between 50-60 in my tent, however there has been times where i woke up and humidifier is off and its in the 40s.
as far as temp goes, anywhere from 75-80 is where i kind of sit, never really exceed 80 and i have one 6 inch fan busting breeze in there.
Distance from lights right now was 24 inches through the seedling and very early veg, but once installing the 2nd 110w light in there i raised them to 30 inches.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
wow very interesting i was not well aware of these different pathogens and will get to reading tonight to further educate myself for future grows.
thank you very much for helping me out, also what is that one gallon challenge about haha?
Hehe, hey if you manage to find readable info on that matter gimme a message, I been long looking into that, esp. what pathogens these are, but informations are sparse.
It's people that work in Tissue Culture labs that report on that. Some of these pathogens are "endogenous retroviruses" that is, they infect the seed very early on during its formation.
It's really nothing much to worry about as these pattern in most cases just stop when the plant grows bigger.

The One Gallone Challenge is just for fun, see what you can pull off in a gallon. One guy did 120gr of finished buds it's nice to see big potsize isn't critically needed ;)

Top Bottom