Side by Side Coco and Bubblers 1000 Watters

• Thread starter Medicalneeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Medicalneeds

This will be my first journal and hope you enjoy the ride . I was really wanting to get an idea of how close coco growth will be compared to a bubbler bucket. I have 4 clones of a unknown strain sorry just has jk on the cups ? I received the clones with no roots in rockwool and had to wait for roots to penetrate the rockwool. As soon as roots penetrated the cubes 2 went into 10 inch net pots in ph soaked hydroton . Then 2 were put in 1 gallon planters with straight coco . In the second week they took at turn for the worst all of them. Thought they had a mag issue so added calmag but now i feel they were underfed . They bounced back in a week of feeding 3 part gh ph at 5.8 and ppm at 450. It was obvious the coco was doing much better than the bubblers. The coco has been fed weekly one qt and the bubblers daily to get the roots through the net pot. So now were off to the races.

Lighting for a few weeks will be the 8 tube 32 watt per bulb t8 setup. Then a few weeks on a 600 hps then on to a 1000 the rest of the grow.

Feeding will be of the same nutes gh flora 3 part
Coco will be fed every week to 3 days depending on intake

Bubblers will be the same nutes with nute changes every 2 weeks.

Some calmag will also be used eack feeding and will be using liquid kool bloom the start of 12/12 and in week 4 ,5,6 koolbloom dry and then a 5 day flush. Im going to try to keep the lighting feeding etc the same for both setups and see what works best. I know cana would have been a better choice for the coco but figured the tried and true gh 3 part would be a good choice for comparative. So as of right now the girls are about 6 inches temps are around 70-75 . The roots are just popping through the nets in the bubblers and there are roots visible at the drains in the coco . Will post some pics soon and give a weekly update . All opinions and comments are welcome . This is my first coco grow so we will see . Rock on farmers !

M

Medicalneeds

First observation !

Looks to me like starting in 10 inch net pots for the bubblers was a bad choice. The roots had a long way to go to get into the nutes so daily hand watering was a must.

A dripper may have been the better way to go until the roots grew into the nutes. The two in the bubblers have some obvious nutrient issues . Now that were into the nutes things should turn around. So far im pretty happy with the coco pots.

Next week if the bubblers turn around I may flip to the 600 ?

Top Bottom