Side leaves curling up and tips curling down? ? ?

• Thread starter Greenhouse82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenhouse82

Np man, happy to help. Can you please tell us:
1: What your mix ratio is.
2: What feed schedule and pattern is, (i.e feed/water/feed ect.)

If I was you I'd use it like this:
1 part micro, 1 part grow, 1 part bloom at a 5.28ml/g after you've transplanted.
Add in your FP+ at 1ml/g( which I love BTW, I tend not to garden without it.)

After it starts to smarten up say in a week or so, up the feed to 10.56ml/g but keep the FP+ the same.

Stay on a 1-1-1 ratio until the second week of flower then switch it to a 2-1-3 ratio.

The GH 3 part is a more capable nutrient than a lot of growers. I use it from time to time and sometimes when I'm too poor to order my elements in bulk.

Use the great white as a root drench, I've heard of guys sprinkling it in the transplant cavity before transplanting, I've never tried it that way.
I don't know what that brand cyco is, I think I remember an old aussie brand by that name called cyco flower, pgr bullshit...but thats neither here nor there.
It looks like a carb product and it probably has dextrose and magnesium. Use this in the last weeks of bloom, its really only one week but I'm telling you two because they only time these products do anything other than sweeten your bud(maybe) is in the late part of the flower cycle and you'll have to figure that out on your specific strain. The mag will help with trichome luminescence and production.

1. Mix ratio was 3-2-2/ now it's 2-2-2
2. Feed/ Feed/ water

I would have always feed twice before I would flush. I read where this guy would constantly feed and would not flush until 2 weeks before Harvest. So I figured if I work to feed twice and then flush once I will be in good shape but I'm starting to think that I should feed then flush twice then feed again. Or at least feed water feed, I water twice a week. And today just so happens to be my water day and I am ever so happy because I get to try a lot of new things that I've learned on this thread.

What if I don't have no RO water? Is distilled water okay to use or no? I just really don't have the money to spend on reverse osmosis right now but if it's something I could order for under a hundred bucks I may consider doing so.

I do have a order in for frog Farm three part nutrients but as of right now I'm just using the GH and it seems to help my plants out dramatically they have grown over 8 in in the last week. The guy at the hydroponic store told me about the great white and the other one in the gray bottle that it would absolutely help with root mass especially in clones. The Strand I am growing is White Widow and they are all three clones and I'm doing a little bit of low stress training because of my tint size and I just think it's a great idea. But I'm definitely going to lower my pH and put something under the parts where I could catch runoff and see what my runoff is. That is a very good ideal and I have never done it to be honest but that is a very good idea because you can see exactly what your plants taken in. And it does have dextrose and magnesium in it. I'm going to start my mixes now thank you very much for all of your help. They have already stood back up and looking a little better after light adjustment.
20191001 193610

G

Greenhouse82

I may be wrong but that bottom Leaf has a lot of little white dots on it, have you checked for bugs? you certainly have at least one other issue going on but maybe check for bug damage too
Yes I have check for bub I have one other guys say that same thing but I have no bugs I'm going to post a photo and I want you to look at it because these spotted leaves are popping up on all three plants here and there.
20191001 194023

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yes I have check for bub I have one other guys say that same thing but I have no bugs I'm going to post a photo and I want you to look at it because these spotted leaves are popping up on all three plants here and there.View attachment 900268
To my eye that looks like mite damage, that's why you're likely noticing it start to spread.

GH flora is better than Fox Farm Trio imo

don't feed by schedule

I would *water, water, feed, with one of the waterings a *flush of around 25% runoff, and record the ph and PPM of the runoff and let us know

G

Greenhouse82

To my eye that looks like mite damage, that's why you're likely noticing it start to spread.

GH flora is better than Fox Farm Trio imo

don't feed by schedule

I would *water, water, feed, with one of the waterings a *flush of around 25% runoff, and record the ph and PPM of the runoff and let us know
Did not know that about foxfarm and okay I'm in the middle of doing it all right now so as soon as I'm done I will let you know. Thanks again and I'm not sure about mites but I cut everyone off that look like that and it took about a week and a half to come back

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Did not know that about foxfarm and okay I'm in the middle of doing it all right now so as soon as I'm done I will let you know. Thanks again and I'm not sure about mites but I cut everyone off that look like that and it took about a week and a half to come back
you need to check closely and establish if it is bugs or not and if it is treat it asap, don't keep chopping leaves the mites will win if you go about it that way. and the fox farm / GH is just my opinion, many others would disagree I'm sure. I used GH for years and it's good stuff, but now I use Master Blend and it's great stuff

G

Greenhouse82

And I meant to ask can you use distilled water? If I was to buy water in the store what would you suggest using? At the store now! Please help

G

Greenhouse82

you need to check closely and establish if it is bugs or not and if it is treat it asap, don't keep chopping leaves the mites will win if you go about it that way. and the fox farm / GH is just my opinion, many others would disagree I'm sure. I used GH for years and it's good stuff, but now I use Master Blend and it's great stuff
If I was, what would you suggest buying I'm here now and need to know if you are available to answer

G

Greenhouse82

Finally got my upgrades installed! So glad this is done. Now it's time to transplant. 😁😁
20191001 231051

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

If I was, what would you suggest buying I'm here now and need to know if you are available to answer

How bad is your tap water that you don't want to use it? I use tap water, mine's about 100 PPM out of the faucet at 8.9 pH

I haven't fought bugs since the 90s so I would not be the one to advise you; but they have a Forum here where you can post that question and others with more recent experience can help you, just verify it first good luck

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

1. Check your rootzone PH by performing a slurry test- runoff test wont be accurate enough to determine rootzone acitidy. I suspect your acidity is off and further more- that the plant is in nutrient lock due to salt buildup. in that case, you have to flush with some flushing agaent such as dextrose.

2. Figure out PPFD, and adjust according to your tent parameters if needed.

3. In my eyes, you DEF have bugs- look again.

Good Luck.

G

Greenhouse82

How bad is your tap water that you don't want to use it? I use tap water, mine's about 100 PPM out of the faucet at 8.9 pH

I haven't fought bugs since the 90s so I would not be the one to advise you; but they have a Forum here where you can post that question and others with more recent experience can help you, just verify it first good luck
Okay thanks

m8ty

m8ty

Feed full strength the first week, water the second week, water the third week , water the fourth week, repeat... You get it? You only need to feed once a month if you're in soil and in the right size bucket. Unless you feed quarter strength every week, I hope you're getting this.

G

Greenhouse82

Okay so I've been busy and I've done like people have told me. One problem that I had is one guy suggested feeding 5.28 ml per gallon on a 1-1-1 ratio. I could not get the PPM within target range of 750 - 950. So I had to dilute it with another gallon of water which gave me a PPM of 572. My pH was at 6.25 and my degrees was right at 76° . Once I did my runoff I was getting a PPM reading of 612 with a pH reading of 5.50. So I'm assuming I the reason I ended up with a higher PPM than what I started was because how high I've been feeding. I also did the transplant and loosened the roots and soil from the top and edges so the roots will fall down and fill up the bags. I'm submitting two photos one of the documentation I wrote down and the second one of the updated tent and the changes I made.
20191002 212453
20191002 213556

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You're overthinking it brah:

1) Adjust your PPM to 500 PPM, using veg mix for the newts and feed as M8ty told you above

2) Set your pH to 6.5 for your soil medium

3) Treat for the mites asap!
Bugs can do the damage that you're seeing and I suspect they're your biggest problem, or they soon will be.

4) Forget about your run off for now (some growers never check it)

Relax friend, it's just a plant; Water it when it's dry, & feed it when it's hungry!

I grew this plant recently using only Jobes tomato spikes and tap water PH'ed properly to 6.5, It's all about fundamentals, best wishes!
20190927 063220
20190928 111934

Last edited:
Deke

Deke

I'm using Flora grow and my PPM stays around 1200 to 1600 and they are in the beginning stages of flowering. I was feeding at 700 when I moved up these past two weeks for flowering. But I've noticed my leaves are starting to curl up and look dry the sides of the leaves are curling up and some of the tips are curling down. Earlier I raise the lights I'm using a 1200 watt LED veg and Bloom and a 600w LED veg light. I move the lights about 12 in because tomorrow I was going to continue my low-stress training and there is something that needs tied down well when I open my tent I seen the tops starting to droop, was this due to moving the light further away? Or has this been in the works since first sign of the leaves turning? My pH stays between 6.5 and 6.8. And I'm on a light schedule of 12/12. I also defoliated just over a week ago. to know what's going on. Already had trouble outdoors with Bud rot taking over a couple ladies up on the hill. View attachment 900134View attachment 900135View attachment 900136View attachment 900137View attachment 900138
Also, 12" is way too close to the plants.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Using great white and tap water is like pouring money down the drain. No point unless you are on filtered water.

Do yourself a favor in the future. Don't listen to hydro store guys. They are just trying to sell you a cure in a bottle. Have a problem? Add 2 more bottles.... A little bit of reading will save you a ton of money vs listening to those dudes.

89/91 in the tent is gonna be a problem. You can get away with low 80's. After that you are going to start running into lockout and burning even at 500-600 ppm.

You seem to be on the right path. Enviro #1. PH/PPM #2. Pests #3. Just stick with the 3 part for now and forget about all the other stuff for the time being. Up the bloom by a ml or 2 if you want/need more Mg. Slow changes and waiting are key. You can't rush this no mater how much you water or change something.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Using great white and tap water is like pouring money down the drain. No point unless you are on filtered water.

Do yourself a favor in the future. Don't listen to hydro store guys. They are just trying to sell you a cure in a bottle. Have a problem? Add 2 more bottles.... A little bit of reading will save you a ton of money vs listening to those dudes.

89/91 in the tent is gonna be a problem. You can get away with low 80's. After that you are going to start running into lockout and burning even at 500-600 ppm.

You seem to be on the right path. Enviro #1. PH/PPM #2. Pests #3. Just stick with the 3 part for now and forget about all the other stuff for the time being. Up the bloom by a ml or 2 if you want/need more Mg. Slow changes and waiting are key. You can't rush this no mater how much you water or change something.
^ fix temp & mites for best results (85° max if you move lots of air), above that you're going to need CO2 and you still may lose everything unless you handle the mites

G

Greenhouse82

I have been trying to find these mites I have been inside and out of this tent I have been all over each plant and leave and cannot find no mites nowhere! The ones I had Outdoors had this exact problem but they came out of it Unfortunately they did not make it due to Bud rot late in the season. Here is a leaf that I have pulled off the other day. And I had to tie them down because I have run out of room and I can't hang my lights any higher
20191011 002624
20191011 001557

20191004 141858
Top Bottom