Sifting for kief/hash, thanks.

• Thread starter brownred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownred

brownred

When sifting for Kief/Hash is it nessesary to dry and cure or can you sift after harvest?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
dry and cure and longer the better..
than let buds sit out for a few days to a week.. ideally in temp 65, humidity 55..
sooo many ways but one thing is consistent it needs to be dry and cured allowing the heads to ripen..
you can take fresh buds on the plant still and rub them between your hands and than collect up the resin into a ball as it’s fresh and breaks easily.. as you let it cure the heads ripen making it easy for sifting and collecting..

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
dry and cure and longer the better..
than let buds sit out for a few days to a week.. ideally in temp 65, humidity 55..
sooo many ways but one thing is consistent it needs to be dry and cured allowing the heads to ripen..
you can fresh buds on the plant still and rub them between your hands and than collect up the resin into a ball as it’s fresh and breaks easily.. as you let it cure the heads ripen making it easy for sifting and collecting..
hey @GNick55 I get a lot of kief in my electric coffee grinder, I was thinking of using one of those T shaped presses to squeeze my Kief into a solid piece....ay suggestions or are they crap and not to bother?

I'm getting a table top Vape soon and I was thinking of using my my kief. Its all new to me I'm not really sure how it all works....... I've seen the small ones that make little pucks to use in Hookah's I thought would work good in the vape machine

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hey @GNick55 I get a lot of kief in my electric coffee grinder, I was thinking of using one of those T shaped presses to squeeze my Kief into a solid piece....ay suggestions or are they crap and not to bother?

I'm getting a table top Vape soon and I was thinking of using my my kief. Its all new to me I'm not really sure how it all works....... I've seen the small ones that make little pucks to use in Hookah's I thought would work good in the vape machine
vape stuff i’m not sure about, i’d think keeping the keif as is would be better for vaping?? than a hard chunk?.
t press is probably ok, don’t have one, never tried.. though back on the day sometimes we would get two metal pieces (male/female type) put kief inside and put in a bench vice, with a piece of piping on the handle to get a tight squeeze,

dextr0

dextr0

I dry but do not cure. I’m always trying to get the freshest sift I can. The heads being soft at harvest or even a few weeks later is a problem. So in my case I must dry. I find the older my heads are the more the charge changes. That means more contams and searching for other types of materials to clean heads as opposed to just my screens and a gloved hand.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I know you can use fresh-frozen buds for ice water hash but im not sure about dry sift. I wanna say i saw Mr. Canuck do fresh frozen sift in one of his youtube videos. Ill see if i can find it.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I know you can use fresh-frozen buds for ice water hash but im not sure about dry sift. I wanna say i saw Mr. Canuck do fresh frozen sift in one of his youtube videos. Ill see if i can find it.
It was fresh frozen bubble that i watched mr canuck make, so still not sure if you can use fresh frozen for sift.

dextr0

dextr0

Yeah maybe, not your everyday guy has that kind of machine tho..
No. And the only other way I’ve seen is someone sifting in a freezer like for food at a restaurant. Like I said as those heads heat up they stick together so little cleaning can be done. And that’s what good sift is. Clean. Even when you press you can always tell if a sift was properly cleaned.

J

jamesmost

Just an hour ago...figured best sifting method for kief.. all leaf trimmings...

Electric chain grinder over trim bin screen.

20230704 162840
20230704 165042
20230704 165244
20230704 170509
20230704 171936
20230704 172043
20230704 172415
20230704 172416
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Just an hour ago...figured best sifting method for kief.. all leaf trimmings...

Electric chain grinder over trim bin screen.
mmmm looking green,. probably pretty contaminated, does it melt/bubble or burn?..
either way nice going…

Latest posts

Top Bottom