Silica in DWC

• Thread starter Dizzworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizzworth

Dizzworth

Was wondering if its ok to run silicas in undercurrent?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Grow stones.. Recycled glass rocks, silica, made in the USA. Lightweight, easy to clean but a little pricey in comparison to other options.. I like them, I have some net pots filled with grow stones..

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

Grow stones.. Recycled glass rocks, silica, made in the USA. Lightweight, easy to clean but a little pricey in comparison to other options.. I like them, I have some net pots filled with grow stones..
Talk about killing two birds with one stone. I was looking into using these anyway so i could get rid of that red clay crap. I wash wash wash and still just can never get it all off. Thanks

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

But still wondering for this current grow if its ok to use silicas...Does it cause any problems?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
But still wondering for this current grow if its ok to use silicas...Does it cause any problems?

Its ok to use silica. You can also foliar with it if you don't want to throw it in the solution.

squiggly

squiggly

Silica is the second most abundant mineral in soils if that tells you anything.

It's a requirement for strong cell walls. Silica forms into crystals under the cuticle layer and creates a rigid wall. Some botanists liken this to platelets in human blood (which cause clotting/scabbing).

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Not all silica adds are created equal, do your homework, if it's cheap there is a reason and good plant silica mixes are not cheap. Rhino Skin is pure Potassium Silicate the best not watered down like most out there.

M

mmmmmzzzzzz

Hey woods how much silica do you use in the UC, do you top load or foliar??

Cap do you foliar your silica, if yes how much do you use to foliar???

Thnx....

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I add at every res change so every 2 weeks and I add 1 ml per liter.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Not all silica adds are created equal, do your homework, if it's cheap there is a reason and good plant silica mixes are not cheap. Rhino Skin is pure Potassium Silicate the best not watered down like most out there.
How is that? AgSil16h from customhydronutrients is the cheapest and best I know of. Unless you prefer buying water, then go for the jugs.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Have only used it in veg and I like it-you guys are running it all the way through flower?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

How is that? AgSil16h from customhydronutrients is the cheapest and best I know of. Unless you prefer buying water, then go for the jugs.

I believe they use a proprietary process to squeeze silica out of quartz porphyry and if that works for you great, but not the best source of silica, like I said if it's cheap there is a reason for it. Now AN uses pure Potassium Silicate, not water downed. That's why I like it, and it is available just about anywhere and that helps everyone.

Have only used it in veg and I like it-you guys are running it all the way through flower?

use it in flower up till the last 2 weeks and in last week of veg.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I believe they use a proprietary process to squeeze silica out of quartz porphyry and if that works for you great, but not the best source of silica, like I said if it's cheap there is a reason for it. Now AN uses pure Potassium Silicate, not water downed. That's why I like it, and it is available just about anywhere and that helps everyone.
uh, 1000 pardons but that just sounds like bullshit to me. not watered down? then what's the liquid in the jug? magic? are you connected to a hydrostore?

back it up with documentation and i'll eat my own poop.

Top Bottom