Silica, raw grow nutrients, calmag+

• Thread starter Daviee___
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daviee___

Daviee___

Just trying to figure out how many oz.Of the mixed nutrients in water I am going to exactly use for my 3gallon pots ?
1.Silica
2.RawGrow Nutrients
3.Cal-Mag plus

zzzybil

zzzybil

I'd think each package should provide instructions . I understand you're looking for advice and read alot of folks talking about half strength being prudent . I've killed a fair share of near about everything once upon a time . No clue if it was my 8 ! ph well water or the miracle grow . So much so that I quit feeding anything ! haha TRUE STORY ........

Take it from a real black thumb ............. less is prolly more .. I like listening / watching the Harley - raw guy on you tube - He explains relationships between nutrients etc etc . Beyond my paygrade and only thing i'm sure of is some are synergistic and others block / lock out . So my advice is read the pkg and think half strength . Also consider and try to use some common sense . You wouldn't give a baby an adult dose of any OTC med sooooooo same for seedlings or youngsters . IE a big plant can prolly use safely doses that would kill a seedling . .

I can't afford the fancy marketed stuff tho that guy Harley seems to know his stuff !! check out his videos . And lastly just listen to your plant !!!!!! There are a ton of people here to identify deficiencies . If it ain't broke don't fix it . Pretty sure I've loved more plants to death than killed by neglect . Not to rain on your parade , I'm thinking a 3 gal pot is small and much easier to overkill than say something in the ground..........

Champing for spring and after such a mild winter here , weeks of 60's & 70's jumped the gun and planted some asparagus and a big pot of peppermint and spearmint for spring/summer mojitos....... yep 2 mild freezing nights since ...........

I lean on compost, bagged cow poop and bone meal tho the bone meal brings mean red ants to the party. Had good luck running the ants off with a neem drench . I try to leave the ants alone if they are in a safe place . WHO KNEW THEY ARE TERMITES ONLY NATURAL PREDATOR ..........

Certainly no authority ......... lotta jabber ........... in a nutshell.............. whoaaaaaaaa ja ho its on dumping ounces of whatever into a 3 gal pot............ read the pkg and start SLOW

Terpz719

Terpz719

Like in how many ozs of nutrient solution you'll need to provide to each 3 gal pot per feeding? Not really sure how to interpret your question. It'll depend on the media, the size of the plant, etc.

Daviee___

Daviee___

Like in how many ozs of nutrient solution you'll need to provide to each 3 gal pot per feeding? Not really sure how to interpret your question. It'll depend on the media, the size of the plant, etc.
Yes. I usually use a water bottle of purified water(16.9) ounces to feed my plants . I basically just wanted to see how many ml of each is the correct measurement for a water bottle instead of 5ml per gallon . Do I explain myself?

Terpz719

Terpz719

Yes. I usually use a water bottle of purified water(16.9) ounces to feed my plants . I basically just wanted to see how many ml of each is the correct measurement for a water bottle instead of 5ml per gallon . Do I explain myself?
I think I know what you're after...

Just mix up a gallon of nutrient then fill up your water bottle from the gallon of nutrients.
Or you can do this:

1 Gal = 128 oz
1 Water Bottle (16.9 oz) = 16.9/128 = 0.1320 gals

So at a rate of 5ml per gal
5ml * 0.132 = 0.66 ml per water bottle (16.9)

Daviee___

Daviee___

Just mix up a gallon of nutrient then fill up your water bottle from the gallon of nutrients.
Or you can do this:

1 Gal = 128 oz

Forsure brother that was really helpful 👍 now when you mix in a gallon How long are those 3 nutes good for before it goes bad ?

Daviee___

Daviee___

Or you can do this:

1 Gal = 128 oz

Btw I mix them separately lol 👍👍

Terpz719

Terpz719

Forsure brother that was really helpful 👍 now when you mix in a gallon How long are those 3 nutes good for before it goes bad ?

Depends on how it is stored - light and warm temps could cause stuff to start growing in it. I'd think a few days. If it starts smelling funky don't use it. Adding Botanicare Hydrogaurd may help with the shelf life. You probably want to keep an eye on the pH if it's been a few days. It might drift out of range.

Daviee___

Daviee___

They should be all mixed together - CalMg first, then the grow, then the silica, then adjust pH. I haven't had any problems with silica going in last. Some mix it in first.
Mixed together like all three in the same gallon ? Like I explained before I get three water bottles. One for each nute. I was told by one of my sources and various people to put silica, grow, then cal-mag.. but I also hear to do it in the same format you just told me to do it in. Thursday is the next feed so I might try it the way you told me to. See what happens 😎

Terpz719

Terpz719

Mixed together like all three in the same gallon ? Like I explained before I get three water bottles. One for each nute. I was told by one of my sources and various people to put silica, grow, then cal-mag.. but I also hear to do it in the same format you just told me to do it in. Thursday is the next feed so I might try it the way you told me to. See what happens 😎
Yep. All three in the same gallon. I definitely fall into there are a lot of different ways to get down the road camp, and if it's not broke don't fix it. If what is working for you is different than what I do, don't change just cause I say it. It's all a learning experience. Happy growing!

Top Bottom