silicone pan

• Thread starter Dbd143
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dbd143

Dbd143

I tried the silicone 8"x8" pan for bho. i used an alcohol extractiona nd put it in a pyrex of of warm (150degree) water and when i came back ot check on it 20 minutes later the alcohol is gone and theres nothing but a dry powdery layer i thought maybe it wa keif but im not sure and dont want to try it. does anyone know what itcould be

Iso pull silicone pan
Sirdabsalot

Sirdabsalot

It's the dry form of ISO oil.

Put the powder on some parchment paper, fold it in half and use your fingers to form a patty,it should stick to itself with some finger heat, then place the parch paper with the kief like substance in a toaster oven, griddle, regular kitchen oven will work also.

To get this into an oil consistency you must apply heat.

This is my preferred personal method, to ensure all the ISO is gone..

170*F for 5 mins.. It will melt into an oil and bubble up,the bubbles are the last remnant of the ISO.
Let the patty cool a bit, and flip the patty over.
Back in the oven for an additional 5 mins..

Let cool, done! :)
Hope this helps

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I tried the silicone 8"x8" pan for bho. i used an alcohol extractiona nd put it in a pyrex of of warm (150degree) water and when i came back ot check on it 20 minutes later the alcohol is gone and theres nothing but a dry powdery layer i thought maybe it wa keif but im not sure and dont want to try it. does anyone know what itcould be

Depending on what you used to filter.. it is keif/hash and a mixture of dust/lint/pollen/chlorophyll/in-actives..ect.ect.ect.

What u have is just dried iso hash with other non goodies.

Dbd143

Dbd143

i used 3 of the 150 micron screens to filter and if i winterize and do the same thing will i still get that keif bc im ok with that i used ok buds to make it so if its safe after i winterize ill just mix it into my blasts when i do the goodies

Dbd143

Dbd143

and also why did that happen with the silicone pan its never happened with glass i always get that amber shatter put your eye out kinda stuff

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
i used 3 of the 150 micron screens to filter and if i winterize and do the same thing will i still get that keif bc im ok with that i used ok buds to make it so if its safe after i winterize ill just mix it into my blasts when i do the goodies

150 micron is too Large... should be a smaller micron around 25-50 and you only need 1 filter adding more then 1 filter of the same micron does nothing.. if it can pass thru the 1st filter it can pass thru 100.

As far as winterizing ISO hash.. you can try it.. but your gonna need Everclear 190 proof.. You can NOT winterize with iso..

Next time id ditch the silicone and use Straight glass.. Silicones DOES react with iso but its said to only swell not leech.. however the same was said about butane and silicone till we all found out the hard way...

As far as why you got back what you did instead of shatter, Could be 100 reasons.. Starting material... time in iso.. heat during evape...

But im sticking with the 150 micron filter is way to large and allows far to much plant material thru.

Top Bottom