Silver Back OG ..& ..The Flame OG... 7 gallon Smart pots Roots Organic soil..

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Adjust a wings are the best reflectors made I live them they throw down so much light it's sick there awesome in my 4k room but you set up is fuckin sick bro mad props for sure and the girls looks crazy is this a clone only strain??

M

max_well

Adjust-a-wings, medium or large? spacing?

Amazing room!!!
I'm wondering about the use of adjust-a-wings in a big room like this. I just bought some of the size large to use with 1000w bulbs and I'm a little surprised at how must light seems to be lost to the sides-- lumens all over the walls! I was planning to use the same watt/sq ft. as you are (~62), despite the manufacturer suggestion of spacing them much further apart. Are folks using the large size with 1000w? Medium would be a tighter footprint no doubt. Any suggestions on placement and height?
cheers!
Max

Jeezer

Jeezer

Here are some shots of Silver back and The Flame these two where found in a bag of Masters Mistress pure Og Funk...JACK

Im speechless :0 Astonishing work there Jack. Those strains look amazing. You said you grew these out from seed?

chaosinc

chaosinc

Absolutely beautiful! I do have one question for you Jack, what do you mean by this? "They are in the flower room for a week with the lights raised before flip"

Thank you.
Mr. Chaos.

budfriend

budfriend

Nice room jack. It looks like you don't take off the fans and water leaves. Am i correct? I have been pulling them lately to let light penetrate deeper into the canapy. What's your thought and experience with this?

thanks

Jeezer

Jeezer

Nice room jack. It looks like you don't take off the fans and water leaves. Am i correct? I have been pulling them lately to let light penetrate deeper into the canapy. What's your thought and experience with this?

thanks

I have done it both ways and i get better results taking off the fan leafs. Theres a a trick to choosing when to pluck them or which ones to pluck. If you do it right you can almost double your yield. Talking from experience here.

Jeezer

Jeezer

It all depends what the plant looks like. Usually i grow mines short n bushy by topping n training.(defoliating also keeps em shorter) I take off any leaf blocking light to a lower site. However, Some plants(single cola, non bushy)may not benefit at all from defoliation because theres not enough sites down there to catch the light goin that way.
Comprendes?

The fan leaf is a satellite and nutrient provider for the shoot its connected to(and partially to the whole plant as well) Wait til this shoot has leaves of its own big enough to provide it own food, then you can procede to cut its fan leaf.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
It all depends what the plant looks like. Usually i grow mines short n bushy by topping n training.(defoliating also keeps em shorter) I take off any leaf blocking light to a lower site. However, Some plants(single cola, non bushy)may not benefit at all from defoliation because theres not enough sites down there to catch the light goin that way.
Comprendes?

The fan leaf is a satellite and nutrient provider for the shoot its connected to(and partially to the whole plant as well) Wait til this shoot has leaves of its own big enough to provide it own food, then you can procede to cut its fan leaf.

Hey bro, i have heard the same as you(think i read somewhere too) about the leaf supplying energy to the part of the plant which it is connected too. What i am curious about is one,is this actually true?? do you have a link to this information. I would like to know if it truly makes a difference in that part of the plant to grow,or f the energy to the specific branch stays the same. I just think that yes the leaf make energy,but the xylem and phloem should be transporting equal amounts of food and water to all parts of the plant.

budfriend

budfriend

I always heard that and have been donig it lately but if you look at jacks pics on the first page it does not look like he plucked many leaves. Canopy looks pretty full of leaves. And if you is hitting 3p a 1k he is doing something right

Jeezer

Jeezer

You prune in the 2-3 week of flowering???
Yep thats the best time. Thats when your plant is deciding which shoots will be main shoots. How does it know which shoots it will focus on? The ones recieving the most light. So i try to create alot of compact bud sites and let the light shine thru by defoliating. I never have to deal with airy buds.

Jeezer

Jeezer

Hey bro, i have heard the same as you(think i read somewhere too) about the leaf supplying energy to the part of the plant which it is connected too. What i am curious about is one,is this actually true?? do you have a link to this information. I would like to know if it truly makes a difference in that part of the plant to grow,or f the energy to the specific branch stays the same. I just think that yes the leaf make energy,but the xylem and phloem should be transporting equal amounts of food and water to all parts of the plant.

My own speculation. I didnt read anything anywhere about this. I just stare at my plants for hours lol and did a couple side by side test grows

Jeezer

Jeezer

Damn jack 3 a light is incredible. I hit 2 before with blue dream. Im goin vert now so well see how it goes with that.

L

lowdowndirty

this is major. have you ever had the plant produce less bud from the defoliation? that it shocks it or stuns it?

Jeezer

Jeezer

this is major. have you ever had the plant produce less bud from the defoliation? that it shocks it or stuns it?

Sometimes budsites wont develop too well if you cut its fan leaf too early.

i also noticed that the plant stays way shorter and the branches all develop vigorous growing flowers. Sometime it will form a second cola just a couple nodes away from the tops.

I should have taken pics of my last run with blue dream(sativa hybrid) they usually stretch like theres no tomorrow but last run i defoliated all the way and they stayed as short as my blackberry kush but yielded 3x more.

Taedon83

Taedon83

any insight into the organics you run Jack? Compost teas? Nute lines? Mostappreciated.

Top Bottom