Simple breeding question

• Thread starter WalterWhiteFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Howdy Farmers! I have a quick question. If you take sisters from the same seed stock(Chemdog 91 & chem's Sister for example). Then if you reverse one to pollenate the other would it still be considered and f1 cross? Thanks guys.

KALI UNITED

KALI UNITED

I dont know walt:confused: thats intresting though ...i think it would be an f1 cuzz its 2 diff phenos but with the reverse thing cannarado is probly right? does R1 = a reversed inbreed of the offspring? sorry to chime in so late!@#$#@!

urbanite420

urbanite420

Interesting thought WWF. But no one (except the original breeder(s)) nows what filial generation the chem family was at to begin with. They themselves could be F1s or F2 or F4, for all we know.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Interesting thought WWF. But no one (except the original breeder(s)) nows what filial generation the chem family was at to begin with. They themselves could be F1s or F2 or F4, for all we know.
Yeah but mixing 2 f4 females from the same stock would still be an R1 if I understand correctly.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Anyone have any ideas about how R1s would express themselves? Seems like it would be the way to "f2" a feminized strain. Didn't find the pheno you were looking for? Reverse the one with your ideal structure bud devolpent and trichs and hit the pheno with the ideal flavor then keep looking? Sounds logical to me but I'm no expert and could be 100% wrong. Anyone tried this?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
S1, Even though you are pollinating a different plant. You are still pollinating the same genetics so that makes it an S1.

I take a genetic and reverse it and pollinate a branch. S1
I take a clone of that genetic, reverse one plant to pollinate another plant. It is still an S1.

It appears you are misunderstanding the term. "Self pollinated". Does not matter if it is a seperate plant or the same plant still a S1. It is a feminized seed. F1 etc is for regular seeds.

S1 cross would also apply for crossing. fems are s1's.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Ahhh okay so your saying that self pollinating means both parents are female. Self being the same gender parents. That's forsure not how I understood it. Thanks.

urbanite420

urbanite420

In the real breeding world, S1 has nothing to due with feminized plants. Going down the path of the S1 is for creating near-isogenic lines (NILs), or the back-cross, if you will, until you get a seed line that very much resembles the original plant BUT with a stabilized trait of interest. This is normally done on plants that can self pollinate (monoecious plants). Its trickier with dioecious plants such as cannabis...

Lets take the White, cuz peeps like to reverse that one. First, you get that clone only female, chemically reverse it pollinate itself and you get an S1. Second, you sift through those S1 feminized beans to find that "keeper pheno". With that Keeper S1 female, you chemically reverse it to pollinate the original clone-only - that brings you to S2. You can continue this, if you have a good plan to achieve your desired goals.

Now if you take the White Clone-only, chemically reverse it and pollinate some thing else, like Purple Urkle, you get a White Purple Urkle, not an S1 urkle. Even though those seeds may be feminized, that is considered an outcross.

R1 refers to human haplotypes that define our genealogy.

Top Bottom