Simple Nitrogen Deficiency?

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

My plants aren't looking so good this week. They haven't had any nutes yet I plan to feed them as soon as the pots dry out. I've been pretty good about not overwatering but water uptake seems to be very slow.

This is 10 days ago:
http://img32.invalid.com/img32/6516/dsc00021oub.jpg

And this is Today:
http://img29.invalid.com/img29/7411/dsc00023xpq.jpg

Z

zoochory

You water your plants to often dude. Let 'em dry out, then water.

C

CheebaMonkey

I wait until the soil is bone dry 2 inches down and the pot feels light. This usually takes about a week. Sometimes longer. I had overwatering problems my first grow but eventually got the hang of it. So this time around I really thought I had the watering schedule under control.

What exactly tipped you off that they are overwatered? The drooping? Isn't drooping also caused by underwatering?

M

Medic

i let them totally dry out then heavy floos when they are that young. Too much water bro. Let it dry to get some air in the dirt so that the roots may expand.

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

I wait until the soil is bone dry 2 inches down and the pot feels light. This usually takes about a week. Sometimes longer. I had overwatering problems my first grow but eventually got the hang of it. So this time around I really thought I had the watering schedule under control.

What exactly tipped you off that they are overwatered? The drooping? Isn't drooping also caused by underwatering?

drooping is caused both by underwatering AND overwatering.
in the first case the stems and leaves lose rigidity due to the lack of water in the cells
in the second case, the plants actually lose water to the medium since it is a more diluted environment than the plant tissues thus leaching water from the cells through osmosis.

when plants are this young, they dont need lots of water...

good luck
BR

C

CheebaMonkey

Look at this shit:

http://img29.invalid.com/img29/1401/dsc00025qgm.jpg

They haven't gotten nutes yet but the soil is still wet. Should I feed them now and resaturate the soil or wait until they dry out? I think I'm running out of time...

H

H3mpseed

Try foliar feeding the plant. It's easier to do, and then you don't have to worry about salt buildup and such.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
they do need to be fed. what kinda pots are you useing? do they have holes in the bottom? If they do try drilling a couple more in there small ones. put a fan on them too that will help them dry out faster. The need N give them a 1/4 - 1/2 does of what ever the recomended dosage is on your bottle. put it in a gallon jug and run it thru make sure you get run off coming out the bottom. if it seems to be draining to slow or not at all maybe you packed your soil to tight. since its only a N def they will go back to green

Top Bottom