Simple ph down doser

• Thread starter Innov8tr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Innov8tr

I upgraded my dosing pump setup. I wanted to make sure the ph down was mixed as much as possible the farthest away from the plants. I added a "t" at the back manifold and a john guest fitting. This attaches the dosing pump tubing directly to the returning water to the epi.

I

Innov8tr

I set these up for my clone machine and veg system. They draw from one ph down bottle and each has its own dosing pump. I had to dilute the ph down by 50% so that my clone machine didn't swing to much when it was added since it was such a small body of water.

I also found out that dosing pumps from bulkreefsupply.com dose even slower than the ones from aquamedic and I think make a better dosing pump to use for our applications.

R

RMCG

I like the injector.

Note on BRS, they are almost ALWAYS backordered, so if you see pumps in stock, snag them. I waited nearly 2 months for one before I just cancelled the order.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Man, that is a really nice setup. I'm really glad I came across this thread. You sure do know what your doing. Thanks for all the info and pictures. Really helps me out a ton. I'll be sure to post some pictures of my new setup. It will have one of these doser units.

I've still got one more question. The Milwuakee sm-122 controller. Will it let me run two pumps off it? I want to have a PH Up and Down pump. If I miss something, I'm sorry. Been a long day and didn't see it after going over.

I've looked for a good picture and I can't tell if there is two outlets or not.
Thanks again,
BG

R

RMCG

Man, that is a really nice setup. I'm really glad I came across this thread. You sure do know what your doing. Thanks for all the info and pictures. Really helps me out a ton. I'll be sure to post some pictures of my new setup. It will have one of these doser units.

I've still got one more question. The Milwuakee sm-122 controller. Will it let me run two pumps off it? I want to have a PH Up and Down pump. If I miss something, I'm sorry. Been a long day and didn't see it after going over.

Thanks again,
BG

There is only one outlet, but no reason why you couldn't put a 'cube' on it to increase the outlets.

I

Innov8tr

Thanks again,
BG

Billgoat the sm-122 out of the box is not able to do that, it can only control ph down. IME 90% of the time you really only need ph down for the UC on a constant basis. I just hand dose ph up in the system when I need to, but that isn't very often. I considered trying to setup a sm-122 on a flip flop relay to make it control ph up but it just isn't worth it as little as I need it. IMO its actually good to notice a swing down in ph, typically that isn't a good sign unless you are at the end of the harvest. If you had a ph up doser you may not know there is a problem.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Billgoat the sm-122 out of the box is not able to do that, it can only control ph down. IME 90% of the time you really only need ph down for the UC on a constant basis. I just hand dose ph up in the system when I need to, but that isn't very often. I considered trying to setup a sm-122 on a flip flop relay to make it control ph up but it just isn't worth it as little as I need it. IMO its actually good to notice a swing down in ph, typically that isn't a good sign unless you are at the end of the harvest. If you had a ph up doser you may not know there is a problem.

Thanks, and your totally right. I'll set it up like you did. I just wanted to add an up for when I leave for a bit, but your totally right. Man, this setup and going to save some money and make life easier for me.

I'll be sure to post some pictures of my new bucket system. Thanks again for posting this thread. Cool setup.
Thanks,
BG

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Hey brother... nice job. Had a question... what is that mini cooling coil that you are using?

BCrocker

BCrocker

Awesome info here.. Does that Milwaukee unit connect directly to the doser pump?

I

Innov8tr

Yes the milwuakee has a female plug and the pump has a male plug

Billygoat

Billygoat

Innov8tr, just wanted to touch base with you. Going to be setting up two units and want to make sure they are done right. I'm going to be mounting the meter and pump to a small piece of plywood. Then I'll mount it to the wall.

My question is this. Do I need to have the bottle or container with the PH down, below the pump or above the pump? I don't want any type of syphon to happen.

I'll be using one of the units for a 55 gallon setup and about for a 18 gallon setup. I went with the BRS 2 Part Doser (1.1 mL Per Minute). I think these units should work nicely.

Let me know what you think. Don't need to over do the ph down with a syphon issue.
Thanks,
BG

EDIT: Never mind. For some reason I missed the info on the unit and that it "Will not back siphon" Thanks

E

ellisd_

I upgraded my dosing pump setup. I wanted to make sure the ph down was mixed as much as possible the farthest away from the plants. I added a "t" at the back manifold and a john guest fitting. This attaches the dosing pump tubing directly to the returning water to the epi.

I like this method of actually tieing the doser into the suction line so it's all mixed well prior to hitting the sites. Quick question, what keeps the suction from continuing to pull in the ph down? Does the dosing pump pinch the line enough to stop suction from the curculation pump from draining the bottle into the suction line?

C

cubano420

Do any of you use a complet dosing system I have the grobot from purgrow not using it yet not to familiar with doseing

cash

cash

Where you get 1/2 male NPT x 1/4 tube from? cant find it anywhere

squiggly

squiggly

you should switch to food grade phosphoric acid and you will never buy a bottle of ph down again. an ounce of that stuff took 5 gallons of 8ph down to 2.5ph.

Phosphoric acid is probably a bit overkill for this purpose--some pretty dangerous stuff there. Very ouchy if spilled, and very very hard to get off (not nearly as easy as most other acids bases--this stuff is sticky).

Latest posts

Top Bottom