Simple PH Questions

• Thread starter Afghi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Afghi420

Afghi420

ok just some simple PH info would be very helpful. First thing, is it ok to just check PH of your water, or should i be checking the soil PH as well? I have added some dolomite lime, although the stuff i had was small pellet sized not a fine powder, i've read the pellets take alot longer to do their thing? I have just been checking my PH at the water, my well water is around 7.9-8.0. So i add some PH - and bring it down to 7 or slightly below. Im using Earth Juice original grow and bloom, which will usually bring my ph down to about 5.9 or so, so i usually add my ph up after i add my nutes, is this the right way to do things? My soilles mix consists of perlite added as the stuff came with none, then i added a couple handfuls of sheep shit, cup or so of worm castings from a bag, and a cup or so of this pellet sized dolomite lime. should my water being set to a proper PH along with the lime in my medium keep my soil's ph at or around the correct level? to be honest my plants have been quite healthy looking the whole time, they are growing like crazy, im growing 4 strains of autoflowers atm. Im having just one problem, most of the new shoots especially the top of the plant puts out these super narrow leaf. the newer leaf is only maybe 1 cm wide, but the older growth is broad and normal looking. i will put some pics up.

manitoid.

manitoid.

I've been growing with Earth Juice's full line in a mix similar to yours (Peat+Hydroton+Perlite+EWC basically) and have never had to check or adjust PH.

I do bubble the Earth Juice as teas for a day and add EWC to it.

Afghi420

Afghi420

I decided to go with Earth Juice because i used it to grow about a decade ago, and i remember our plants were always green, never had any issues, so sounded like a good choice. Im not the kind of grower that really cares to pump my plants full of stuff, i figure as along as they are healthy, and experience no deficiences or over fertilization then they should be fine.. I was thinking of buying a myco fungi product, is this worth doing in a non-organic garden?? The guy at my local hydro shop ordered me some EJ Catalyst (called Xatalyst in Canada) by mistake, he still has it done at his shop though, would this be a good product for me? I like the Earth Juice brand and wouldnt mind sticking with them, as long as their other products are good stuff as well. Anyway im going to try and gert some pics of this narrow leaf issue i have going on, im thinking perhaps it is some kind of nutrient deficiency or something..

Latest posts

Top Bottom